Hacking HBC 1.0.8 Update

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VashTS said:
im soooo tired of hearing about the anit-"Warez" or anti-piracy stance from devs.

YOU ARE NOT ROBIN HOOD. Nintendo will not help you pay your electric bill when you are broke. If someone pirates, thats on them but its gay to act holier than thou and drop apps that use a cIOS.

Coders: do what you need to do, I greatly appreciate your work, I would be happy if you continue but come on. The HBC is the ONE factor that leads to piracy on the Wii. Trying to make up for it is pointless.

If HBC was not created, there would be no piracy on the Wii. Again great work.
Uhhh... forgetting about every single drive chip out there and drive replacement setup much?

Honestly, it's their work and their choice on what stance they can take even if it doesn't jive with everyone elses thoughts.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no offense intended to any1...

but f*ck wiibrew, they never report on half the good shit anyways. webrewii is a million times better (IMHO)

I agree that it sux they are going nuts and removing apps. But I'm sure the google code pages are still open, so if u care bad enough, u should still be able to find a way to download w/e has gone 'missing'

anyways, wiibrew is good in its own way... but I stopped checking up on their sites months ago, its all about webrewii now!

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tom191 said:
Heres another question. Lets say someone makes an app that now relies on HW_AHBPROT for it to function, what will happen when someone puts it into a forwarder channel? Is there still a way to make the forwarder channel do HW_AHBPROT and then ensure that ios58 is being loaded without losing any functionality? Or what about also apps that my be launched via priiloader, is priiloader going to have to be adjusted to allow the ability of this?

These are just a few things that come to mind.

There is a byte which needs set in the TMD to enable HW_AHBPROT flags. AFAIK, that's how HBC gets HW_AHBPROT flags in the first place. More info can be found here: http://hackmii.com/2009/08/of-tmds-and-hardware/

Basically, the gist of this is: Yes, its actually very easy to make a custom channel with HW_AHBPROT flags set, but the app in the channel shouldn't reload IOS (i.e. the channel should be loaded with the correct IOS, by setting the right IOS in the TMD)

QUOTE(Wack0 @ Aug 14 2010, 07:24 PM) Some of the apps removed weren't deprecated at all, and didn't need a cIOS (eg DOP-Mii). WiiSCU was removed for some reason and that was so NOT deprecated. After all it's probably what most of the people without a truchabugged IOS used to install their IOS58 before that nice installer with a nice progress bar came out (I really want the src for that ;P)

They weren't just removing depreciated apps, but any app that installs or can install a patched IOS, e.g. dop-Mii and WiiSCU.
As for source of IOS58 Installer, I asked Tantric, and he said no
frown.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.... Interesting....

The Homebrew Channel functions fine, and is right side up, even though I have a patched IOS58. (From DarkCorp 1.1)

I wasn't expecting that, but it's a pleasant surprise.
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
s3phir0th115 said:
Hmm.... Interesting....

The Homebrew Channel functions fine, and is right side up, even though I have a patched IOS58. (From DarkCorp 1.1)

smile.gif
I thought DARKCORP 1.1 did not fakesign the IOSs
unsure.gif

Well, or at least it was made to not turn the HBC upside down
tongue.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
s3phir0th115 said:
Hmm.... Interesting....

smile.gif
Does it run on IOS58? Please check in the homebrew channels home menu.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
s3phir0th115 said:
Hmm.... Interesting....

smile.gif

I thought DARKCORP 1.1 did not fakesign the IOSs
unsure.gif

Well, or at least it was made to not turn the HBC upside down
tongue.gif

It actually does one better. It patches the IOSes to not check signatures at all.

From the readme it comes with:

All IOS have the RSA signature check removed.

So, not sure what they did. Either they bypassed the HBC's check to make it upside down if it detects patched IOSes, or the HBC creator's lightened up on it.

Either way, I'm content.
biggrin.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
I know I'm repeating myself, but:
Are you sure your HBC runs on IOS58? Could you check in the home menu?

Sorry. Just noticed I missed yours.

But yes, I'm sure it runs on IOS58. I'll even upload pictures to prove it.

Exhibit A - Correctly oriented Homebrew Channel

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1egpge-f5...lM2Ex&hl=en

Exhibit B - Version information proving it's the latest homebrew channel, and version number on the IOS being maxed proving that it's not an official IOS.

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1egpge-f5...yODZj&hl=en

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm for some reason I can't get any of my Wiimotes to activate and start the install... it just gets stuck at "Press 1 to Continue" - reading around I don't see anyone else having this issue so I have no clue whats up.
Everything else works just fine though (all my channels, games, homebrew, ect...)
Ah well, will just have to keep tinkering until it installs.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Slowking said:
I reinstalled Darkcorp and it works.
dsc01023y.jpg

@artlan: You could try to reinstall IOS58.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
s3phir0th115 said:
Slowking said:

Sorry. Just noticed I missed yours.

But yes, I'm sure it runs on IOS58. I'll even upload pictures to prove it.

Exhibit A - Correctly oriented Homebrew Channel

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1egpge-f5...lM2Ex&hl=en

Exhibit B - Version information proving it's the latest homebrew channel, and version number on the IOS being maxed proving that it's not an official IOS.

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1egpge-f5...yODZj&hl=en
Very nice. Seems like the HBC checks for something that isn't in darkcorp.
Mabe it's the difference between trucha patch and copletely removing the RSA check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: