Haxchi without legit DS game?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by AssemblerX86, Jun 20, 2018.

1. AssemblerX86
    OP

AssemblerX86 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2015
    United States
    Hi,

I guess this has been asked a lot, but I couldn't find my answer, I might have gotten confused a bit.

The question is: If I have 5.5.1 and can launch Mocha CFW. Can I install a DS game using WUP installer (No need for a ticket since I am am using Mocha right?) onto the NAND system memory, and then make Haxchi inject itself to it? How would installing a DS game this way be different from buying it through eShop?

Thanks in advance!

2. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    this would not work you have to buy it from eshop essentially launching the game requires that CFW is loaded and if its not it will just cause an error

3. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    That wouldn't work. Mocha and haxchi do what is called signpatches. The wiiu will refuses to run/load any game that doesn't have a valid ticket. So installing the ds vc, will make it faked signed, so you need to run mocha in order to run the ds game. Which means haxchi won't work without signpatches, defeating the point of having it in the first place. When you buy said eshop game, it has a valid ticket, so the wiiu can run it without fakesigning/signpatches.

AssemblerX86 likes this.
  4. AssemblerX86
    OP

Jun 12, 2015
    United States
    But haven't I installed it to my system using Mocha CFW + WUP installer?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Alright then I will stick to Mocha CFW. But is there a way to permanently disable updates on my Wii U? Something more reliable than custom DNS?

5. Zyvyn

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    when you launch a game it checks the ticket and on pirated games they are fake signed fake signed tickets can only be launch when cfw is loaded

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you can do this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-prevent-updates-by-removing-the-systems-update-folder.482091/

AssemblerX86 likes this.
  6. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Spend the $7, it's worth it for unlimited super fun time!

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ The Adorable Enby

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    From my understanding Haxchi actually works similar to how menuhax used to work with the 3DS. Basically the menu boots, then it boots into the DS, which boots Haxchi, finally booting the CFW back into the home menu. It requires a legit game because it has to boot through the home menu first and that of course doesn't have any CFW patches installed

8. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    It would be different because a fake ticket would be installed whereas if bought from the eshop you would have a legitimate ticket. With any pirated game the system needs to first run a cfw to bypass the fact there is no legitimate ticket.

So if you go ahead and install a pirated version of the game then install cold boot haxchi when you next switch on the wiiu the first thing it would do is try and boot your pirated haxchi game then fail as the legitimate ticket is missing and you basically would have a bricked system.

9. AssemblerX86
    OP

Jun 12, 2015
    United States
    I would. But wont Nintendo eventually close down the eShop for Wii U? I mean then we can no longer download even the region-locked games. So is it worth it?

10. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    Wii stuff is being shutdown, not the eshop for 3ds and wiiu. That will be around for a while. And if not, that's why people have backups of their systems.

11. AssemblerX86
    OP

Jun 12, 2015
    United States
    Does that apply for updates/DLCs too?

Last edited by AssemblerX86, Jun 21, 2018
  12. Zyvyn

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    basically eshop exclusive content requires CFW to run so all of the VC library digitial only games and games with DLC

13. bzal81

bzal81 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2016
    Canada
    Can I use a downloaded wiiu game to run haxchi or does it have to be a ds game?

14. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    It does have to be a DS game - Haxchi works by using a custom ROM image to exploit a bug in the Nintendo DS emulator Nintendo uses, and so only works on these DS Virtual Console games.

15. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Don't be stingy and buy the game. Otherwise, Haxchi wouldn't work that way if the game were ripped. For the simple reason that the signature is invalid as soon as you use such a non legit game.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted