• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 8,699
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi,

I guess this has been asked a lot, but I couldn't find my answer, I might have gotten confused a bit.

The question is: If I have 5.5.1 and can launch Mocha CFW. Can I install a DS game using WUP installer (No need for a ticket since I am am using Mocha right?) onto the NAND system memory, and then make Haxchi inject itself to it? How would installing a DS game this way be different from buying it through eShop?

Thanks in advance!

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I guess this has been asked a lot, but I couldn't find my answer, I might have gotten confused a bit.

The question is: If I have 5.5.1 and can launch Mocha CFW. Can I install a DS game using WUP installer (No need for a ticket since I am am using Mocha right?) onto the NAND system memory, and then make Haxchi inject itself to it? How would installing a DS game this way be different from buying it through eShop?

Thanks in advance!
this would not work you have to buy it from eshop essentially launching the game requires that CFW is loaded and if its not it will just cause an error

D

Deleted User

OP
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
That wouldn't work. Mocha and haxchi do what is called signpatches. The wiiu will refuses to run/load any game that doesn't have a valid ticket. So installing the ds vc, will make it faked signed, so you need to run mocha in order to run the ds game. Which means haxchi won't work without signpatches, defeating the point of having it in the first place. When you buy said eshop game, it has a valid ticket, so the wiiu can run it without fakesigning/signpatches.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
this would not work you have to buy it from eshop essentially launching the game requires that CFW is loaded and if its not it will just cause an error
But haven't I installed it to my system using Mocha CFW + WUP installer?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That wouldn't work. Mocha and haxchi do what is called signpatches. The wiiu will refuses to run/load any game that doesn't have a valid ticket. So installing the ds vc, will make it faked signed, so you need to run mocha in order to run the ds game. Which means haxchi won't work without signpatches, defeating the point of having it in the first place. When you buy said eshop game, it has a valid ticket, so the wiiu can run it without fakesigning/signpatches.

Alright then I will stick to Mocha CFW. But is there a way to permanently disable updates on my Wii U? Something more reliable than custom DNS?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you launch a game it checks the ticket and on pirated games they are fake signed fake signed tickets can only be launch when cfw is loaded

Alright then I will stick to Mocha CFW. But is there a way to permanently disable updates on my Wii U? Something more reliable than custom DNS?
you can do this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-prevent-updates-by-removing-the-systems-update-folder.482091/

Reactions: Deleted User

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From my understanding Haxchi actually works similar to how menuhax used to work with the 3DS. Basically the menu boots, then it boots into the DS, which boots Haxchi, finally booting the CFW back into the home menu. It requires a legit game because it has to boot through the home menu first and that of course doesn't have any CFW patches installed

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
It would be different because a fake ticket would be installed whereas if bought from the eshop you would have a legitimate ticket. With any pirated game the system needs to first run a cfw to bypass the fact there is no legitimate ticket.

So if you go ahead and install a pirated version of the game then install cold boot haxchi when you next switch on the wiiu the first thing it would do is try and boot your pirated haxchi game then fail as the legitimate ticket is missing and you basically would have a bricked system.

D

Deleted User

OP
Spend the $7, it's worth it for unlimited super fun time!

I would. But wont Nintendo eventually close down the eShop for Wii U? I mean then we can no longer download even the region-locked games. So is it worth it?

D

Deleted User

OP
I would. But wont Nintendo eventually close down the eShop for Wii U? I mean then we can no longer download even the region-locked games. So is it worth it?
Wii stuff is being shutdown, not the eshop for 3ds and wiiu. That will be around for a while. And if not, that's why people have backups of their systems.

D

Deleted User

OP
when you launch a game it checks the ticket and on pirated games they are fake signed fake signed tickets can only be launch when cfw is loaded

Does that apply for updates/DLCs too?

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr