Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

drag0nb0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im trying to edit my config.txt but for some reason the bottons work but it still defaults to running homebrew , can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?
I have this as my config
default=sysmenu
a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
b=wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf

fanni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so im trying to edit my config.txt but for some reason the bottons work but it still defaults to running homebrew , can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?
I have this as my config
default=sysmenu
a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
b=wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf
after editing the config.txt you need to run the installer again.

drag0nb0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes cause wupinstaller boots up when i hold b. But i just reinstalled it agin and set l to sysmenu and r to wupinstaller and r works fine but holding l or holding nothing still boots homebrew. I cant get in to load sigpatched sysmenu.

Is there anything special i have to type for it to load sigpatched sysmenu? Or is default=sysmenu ok?

*EDIT*
GOT IT WORKING , lol i was using Haxchi v2.2u1 . I tried it with Haxchi v2.4 and all is working now. Sorry for all the hassle guys and thank you everyone for the help

Last edited by drag0nb0x,

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I finally got around to installing Haxchi and it works great! :D

Two questions though:

To modify the logos of Haxchi, can I simply edit the .tga files in the installer folder and run the installer again or are these .tga files specially signed?
Is there anyway I could run SD Cafiine with Haxchi, if so how would my config.txt look? It's a hassle to always have to go through the browser when I want to play Smash with mods when I take my Wii U to friends.

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Last edited by SkyDX,

B. de Graaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have one question.

I installed haxchi in the most default way, so no changes at all.
Am I able to install DLC and eshop games with only haxchi?

Last edited by B. de Graaf,

B. de Graaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well you need more than Haxchi, like HBL and an installer. Hold B when launching Haxchi for sigpatch.

Haha, well yes I knew that. Because I already needed that to install haxchi itself lol.

But thanks for the reply! So would I have to launch haxchi while holding B. And then install the dlc/eshop stuff through wup installer?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and when you play the game as well. I don't know the reason why it is set up that way by default but there must be one. You can change the config.txt file so sigpatch will run without holding B.

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What happens if I start haxchi withouot SDCard in the Wii U? Will it just fail to mount SD and thats it?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if I start haxchi withouot SDCard in the Wii U? Will it just fail to mount SD and thats it?
If your default is Homebrew Launcher, you'll hang on a -3 error on a black screen, and you'll have to hold the power button to turn it off. That normally won't cause any problem, but it's not the best thing to be doing to the console on a regular basis.

If you have sysmenu set as your default (or press the button that's set to sysmenu,) you don't need the SD card.

In other words, Haxchi itself doesn't need the SD card, but if you tell it to run something from an SD card that isn't there, it'll be mildly upset.

Reactions: Xen0

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@FIX94 can you please tell me if the below behavior is normal?

My setup: I have a Wiiu With HaxChi installed and Homebrew launcher channel also installed on sysnand. Then I:
- Run Haxchi
- Run a installed DS game by Wiiupinstaller
- Press home and close the DS Game
- Try to run Homebrew launcher without running haxchi again.
- Homebrew Launcher Blackscreens and I have hard reset Wii U.

My question: When we close a game do we have to run haxchi again before running the homebrew launcher, is this the correct behavior?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.