Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know it patched the system to 99.99.99 firmware... But it prevents the update even with the WiiU in standby mode???
It should theoretically do that.
However, we cannot be sure since Nintendo hasn't released another update as of today, so we don't know if that modification does indeed work against newer updates past 5.5.1.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

I am having an issue loading the homebrew channel via DS game with a Sandisk 64GB SD Card. I try loading the channel and Once it loads I get this -4 or -5 appearing on the top left of the wii u gamepad. Any suggestions ? I try using a PNY 16GB SD Card and it works just fine.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an issue loading the homebrew channel via DS game with a Sandisk 64GB SD Card. I try loading the channel and Once it loads I get this -4 or -5 appearing on the top left of the wii u gamepad. Any suggestions ? I try using a PNY 16GB SD Card and it works just fine.
Since you haven't stated how you set up your new card, I'll just start guessing things.

Guess one: You didn't reformat your 64GB card from EXFAT to FAT32.
Guess two: You didn't copy your apps to the new sd card.
Guess three: You copied them to the new card, but you put them in sd:/apps instead of sd:/wiiu/apps
Guess four: You actually mean Homebrew Launcher elf version, and not the channel version, but you don't have the launcher in the path specified in your config.txt
Guess five: Your sd card is fake and the files are corrupted

Check each of those and let us know if you need more suggestions.

Reactions: d12unk13astard

cjizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read in another thread that in order for changes to the config.txt to take effect you must reinstall haxchi, yet I saw no mention of that in the OP. I've been going off of ancient knowledge of the Wii and had assumed any config changes were accessed upon running the app itself, not requiring a reinstall of the channel. Could someone please clarify?

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i buy the ds game and install it. And If i sell it will it still work? And can i use more then one of the same ds games at a time. On multiply wiius in my house

cjizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i buy the ds game and install it. And If i sell it will it still work? And can i use more then one of the same ds games at a time. On multiply wiius in my house

No you can't sell it - it is a digital download, not a disc based game (you can't thru normal means install disc based games anyway...) And no you cannot buy the game one time and use it on multiple WiiU consoles...the NNID is tied to one console - therefore you would have to have different NNIDs and purchase the download separately for each console.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read in another thread that in order for changes to the config.txt to take effect you must reinstall haxchi, yet I saw no mention of that in the OP. I've been going off of ancient knowledge of the Wii and had assumed any config changes were accessed upon running the app itself, not requiring a reinstall of the channel. Could someone please clarify?
FIX94 isn't big on spoon-feeding. It's in the readme on github with the rest of the installation instructions, and in the Haxchi faqs:
After setting up the content to your liking all you have to do is run the Haxchi Installer in homebrew launcher, select the game you want to install it on and that is it! If you ever want to make changes to the content folder it installed to then just re-run the Haxchi Installer

Q: How do I change the config.txt button layout?
A: Edit the file in a text editor, and follow the installation step again (with the same requirement: no USB plugged, etc.)

This is intended as a convenience to you and to avoid errors in determining the proper destination directory.

Haxchi doesn't load its settings from SD:/haxchi, it loads them from the content directory of the title whose rom it replaced.

The installation program copies the files from SD:/haxchi to the correct title's content directory under /usr, e.g. /storage_mlc/usr/title/00050000/101c8700/content (for Kirby Mass Attack). If you know how to edit the file and where it lives, you can avoid the reinstallation, but most people aren't comfortable with messing with the actual files. It's just not worth the risk if you aren't sure what you're doing.

Reactions: cjizzle

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello. I have some questions as to run homebrew.
I stopped a few months ago at the stage of the installation games with USB and RedNAND:

- Is possibility to install games (various regions) and applications SysNAND?
without hakchi?
- Is the ability to dump the NAND without fw.img and on USB stick?
- Is the ability to use new homebrew channel (support .rpx) without haxchi? (Via internet)

Regards.
  1. Sure. If you don't use the built in CFW of Haxchi then it's nothing else but the Internet Browser exploit (only offline). Just make sure to use any CFW for region and sig patches. You can launch these through HBL. The fw.img method is outdated. Use Mocha CFW instead.
  2. I don't get your question.
  3. The new channel works as soon as you launched a CFW once. So without Haxchi it would be:
    a) Internet Browser -> HBL -> Mocha CFW
    b) Internet Browser -> HBL -> WUP Installer y mod
    c) Install the HBLC
    d) After every coldboot, reset, system settings entering or vWii entering (because all of these four a "killing" the CFW sigpatches) you would have to do step a) again before you can launch the HBLC. As you see it's a bit pointless as you're using the HBL launcher to launch a CFW to launch the HBL(C). :P

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I hav Mario Kart DS bought from the eshop on my console, no USB plugged, I copied the extracted haxchi directory to the root of my card and holding B on the gamepad won't do squat, the game still launches normally... could anyone help?

my WiiU is virgin, only booted HBL with a browser hack to see if I could get my wii to boot homebrew...

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I hav Mario Kart DS bought from the eshop on my console, no USB plugged, I copied the extracted haxchi directory to the root of my card and holding B on the gamepad won't do squat, the game still launches normally... could anyone help?

my WiiU is virgin, only booted HBL with a browser hack to see if I could get my wii to boot homebrew...
Copying the haxchi folder to your SD card won't do anything by itself. Did you also put the haxchi installer on your SD card and run it from Homebrew Launcher? What messages did you see when you ran that? Did it find your game and show it on the text screen? Did the icon or game name for the DS game change afterward?

Please give us enough information to help you.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to reinstall the DS Virtual Console game we put haxchi on when we have HBL installed as a channel or I must keep it to launch my cfw to be able to launch said HBL?

if so is there any way to reinstall the DS game by changing its ID or something?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to reinstall the DS Virtual Console game we put haxchi on when we have HBL installed as a channel or I must keep it to launch my cfw to be able to launch said HBL?

if so is there any way to reinstall the DS game by changing its ID or something?
You need it each time you boot, before you run the channel version of HBL (or any other not-properly-signed title)

Since you can run out-of-region games after you run your sigpatcher/cfw, it's usually easiest to install and play the EUR version of the DS game (which has a different title ID) instead of trying to create a new title for yourself out of the US files. Either way you'd need to be patched to run it, so why bother doing the work that Nintendo did for you.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought brain age and made it haxchi and redownloaded Mario kart. Thanks for the help, my WiiU is now in coldboot so I can run all my ds games without first booting haxchi and then protected against updates.

that's sweet!

Reactions: nexusmtz

khara02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Is there any way to make a shortcut to "dol" file instead of elf file?
I just want to make a direct shortcut to boot USB loader GX on vWii.

I simply add the line such as 'default=apps\USBLoader\boot.dol' and did not work.

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Is there any way to make a shortcut to "dol" file instead of elf file?
I just want to make a direct shortcut to boot USB loader GX on vWii.

I simply add the line such as 'default=apps\USBLoader\boot.dol' and did not work.

Hbl2hbc, and a channel forwarder for USB loader gx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

You only would need to change it's titleID by browsing to it's meta through ftpiiu everywhere. If you're on Windows I recommend WinSCP to do so.

khara02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hbl2hbc, and a channel forwarder for USB loader gx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know there is a way by using hbl2hbc.txt.
Thank you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You only would need to change it's titleID by browsing to it's meta through ftpiiu everywhere. If you're on Windows I recommend WinSCP to do so.

I used hbl2hbc method since I was quite scared to touch anything on the system memory directory.
But thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Reactions: lordelan

mr_spatel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all great forum. I have one issue. installed haxchi fine. but using config file to use fw.img at startup does not work. only way I can use haxchi is to load from Wii menu. any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night