1. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There is no direct support for redNAND in haxchi, and mocha is just another homebrew as far as haxchi is concerned. a=wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf is fine. If you don't want to press any button, you could change your default= line to default=wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf

veggav likes this.
  2. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Can we just get a9hloaderhax already for WII U? Frustrating when returning from a Wii VC title I have to do the haxchi again... CFW on WII U is too green xDDDDD

zb123 and WiisleyU like this.
  3. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    You are only being lazy, haxchiFW works great!

Goloki, Reid_Dead and hug0-a7x like this.
  4. ddurdle

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It requires a gamepad though XD Someday we'll have a better hack where we can leave the gamepad offline or not have one.

WiisleyU likes this.
  5. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    No it doesn't. You can click on the Haxchi icon with your WiiMote.

6. ddurdle

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You can click on the Haxchi icon with whatever you want, but it will spit up "you must have your gamepad on at this point" and won't let you pass (it's a DS VS afterall). If you modify the meta to change the compatibility, you get past this prompt, but after the Haxchi logo appears, just as it goes dark to load the exploit, it will require the gamepad at that point. It seems to be using the Mii Maker to read the SD card, even if tell the exploit to load sysmenu which shouldn't require to read the SD card. It will ignore all devices such as wii remote, wii u pro controller, except for gamepad (all devices except gamepad will disconnect at this time, you can press the buttons on them to re-activate them, but that won't bypass the gamepad requirement). And if you don't have a gamepad at that point, you will get the message about "you must have your gamepad on at this point". If you hit cancel, you get dropped down to a -3 error.

You must have a working gamepad.

Last edited by ddurdle, Feb 1, 2017
    lordelan likes this.
  7. richexpert

richexpert Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    hey guys, where can i download some custom haxchi visuals stuffs? :moogle:

8. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I tried to boot my US disc of Shantae: Half Genie Hero in my EUR console after entering HaxchiFW. Unfortunately it doesn't even show up. There's a question mark on the disc icon and when I tap on it I receive an error telling me that the disc is invalid and that I can't play games of other regions. I thought HaxchiFW is regionfree, does that only work with installed games? I also tried Mocha but the result was the same.

Can someone help me here? Should I try regionhax instead?

9. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

There's this don't know if it'll work though
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-testers-ourloader-region-free-disk-loader.441294/

bjaxx87 likes this.
  10. d12unk13astard

d12unk13astard GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there a way i can add custom pics to wiiu folders for different systems?

something like this how the haxchi folder can be customized with this..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited by d12unk13astard, Feb 2, 2017
    lordelan likes this.
  11. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    For anyone who loves the new princess Zelda as much as I do:

bootDrcTex.png
    iconTex.png

Attached Files:

Ailuros27, CatmanFan, oji and 7 others like this.
  12. drag0nb0x

drag0nb0x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Wow thx lordelan I'll totally use that my daughter will love it. I wanna learn how to make those cause she really wants a cat picture for haxchi lol.

I do have a question. Do I NEED to upgrade my haxchi ? I'm running v2.2u1 ATM , I just notice there's newer versions out. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to it?

13. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    You're welcome. I did it with Photoshop and it was really easy. If you want a cat and are too lazy to do it, just provide me the pic(s) or link(s). But I won't be back on my PC with Photoshop until monday.

Only update is the "sysmenu" which you can apply to an entry (like default= or A=) in the config. It's the built in CFW with all needed patches in order to install or launch games so you won't need Simple Signature Patcher or Mocha.

richexpert likes this.
  14. richexpert

richexpert Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Last edited by richexpert, Feb 3, 2017
  15. drag0nb0x

drag0nb0x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I would like to learn but atm just dont have the time lol ill have to look around for a good picture and i will pm you a link if that is ok

lordelan likes this.
  16. steplay29

steplay29 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hi all,
    This has probably been asked many many times before but I would just like to ask before I do something daft and mess things up.I have a 64gb sd card with some loadiine backups on it and have to boot loadiine backups.was just wondering what's the easiest way to boot backups using a cfw and which one is easiest and risk free to install.I also have backups installed to usb hdd.

17. eyeball226

eyeball226 GBAtemp Regular

Has the quick launch icon/name mystery been solved yet? I've tried various things to try and refresh the cache in the gamepad but none have worked. The only thing I can think of is that it's using a different icon that hasn't been replaced.

18. Marcus_Aurelius

Newcomer

Greece
    Hey guys! I want to install haxchi on my Wii U. I have some questions though: will I be able to play my games online using their CDs or will I get banned? And more importantly, say I install haxchi, and Breath of the Wild comes out with a new firmware. Would I be able to buy the game, update and play it or would it brick my console?

19. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Play? Yes.

Banned? Nobody has been banned for haxchi itself. If you are concerned, just reboot before you play and there won't be any hacks applied.

Update? Yes, if there is an update and you want to give up hacks in order to play the new game, you'll be able to update after a reboot. If the update causes a brick, it's because Nintendo is intentionally looking for the hacked titles as part of the update. However, they historically just close the holes that allow the hacks to work. We can't possibly know what an update does until it exists.

20. Marcus_Aurelius

Newcomer

Greece
    Thank you very much! Will firmware spoofing be available soon after release?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - persistent, Haxchi,