Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the 2.4 release! It's cut my boot time down to 30 seconds using the new sysmenu entry in config.txt as my default. Now I don't see any need for coldboot anymore lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2016-12-19_14-16-57.png

@Cylent1 welp guess that's what you get for not reading and asking a question that has been answered countless times....

Last edited by KevinX8,
Reactions: Deleted User

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
-added new config option to haxchi, "sysmenu" which will relaunch you into the system menu with signature, region patches and everything else that cbhc patches
Just to check, and I right in saying that this option should not be used in conjunction with Mocha (just like I gather CBHC works)?

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to check, and I right in saying that this option should not be used in conjunction with Mocha (just like I gather CBHC works)?
its a haxchi entry, once it has lauched you cannot launch mocha until you reboot the console but if it's already launched why would you even need mocha? Also with this new option you can use sig patches without an sd or a cfw.img

Last edited by KevinX8,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks - I just wanted confirmation because as I don't use CBHC, I haven't been following all of the discussions.

setsunafseiei885

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks for the 2.4 release! It's cut my boot time down to 30 seconds using the new sysmenu entry in config.txt as my default. Now I don't see any need for coldboot anymore lol

View attachment 72459
@Cylent1 welp guess that's what you get for not reading and asking a question that has been answered countless times....

wow I just check the update, I still use haxchi 2.3u1,

If I update to 2.4,that mean if I boot my wiiU with press "B" button, it will load sysmenu and it will be regfree and I can install any non legit game,dlc and vc?

Last edited by setsunafseiei885,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So does this mean we can have a coldboot haxchi with all patches?
To give you a proper answer (which you didn't get clearly) : If you do that, you will brick !
DO NOT coldboot haxchi, you will end in a reboot loop brick !

You said "by the sound of the change log is exactly what I am asking" but NO, that's totally NOT what it said. it's even the contrary, as Fix94 said "it may be useful if you dont want to use cbhc".
it's not because it can now "patch and load system menu" that you can coldboot it !
just don't try random things. do not install coldboot manually !
there are ONLY 2 custom firmware compatible with coldboot, and it's CBHC and Mocha.
Haxchi is NOT compatible with coldboot.

This new update is doing what "haxchi direct" is doing, except it's now officially on Haxchi.
The haxchi direct fork is less useful now, the only difference is that it doesn't use config.txt at all to speed the reboot time.

I added Haxchi to cfw wiki page, now it became a firmware patcher.

wow I just check the update, I still use haxchi 2.3u1,

If I update to 2.4,that mean if I boot my wiiU with press "B" button, it will load sysmenu and it will be regfree and I can install any non legit game,dlc and vc?
Not at all.
haxchi is not launched at "boot my wiiU" step.
it's launched at "click on haxchi DS VC game I bought" from the system menu. it's a manual launching option. NOT an autoboot option.

B button is only the default config.txt mapping, you can set a different button (or no button at all if set to "default=sysmenu") for system menu patching.

I think most users are mixing Haxchi and CBHC.
these are two different things.
CBHC = coldboot patches
Haxchi = manually launched patches
NEVER mix them.

If you want to launch mocha from Haxchi, set mocha in settings.txt and launch mocha directly by pressing the correct button without patching sysmenu first. (but why use mocha for sysmenu, as it's longer to load? unless you need wupserver)
if you are already in mocha sysNAND, you don't need to re-patch the system, so no need to launch haxchi's sysmenu option.

this new option replaces the need of :
- haxchi + simple signature patcher
or
- haxchi direct

Reactions: setsunafseiei885

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jeez for once I give somebody a far too angry reply (guess yesterday I had enough heh) and THIS mess of a page happened, sorry if you took that personally but I did not mean to anger you that much, I guess I was just going on a little rant about it after doing quite some work and seeing that as a first reply to it, so if we could maybe just get back on topic that'd be great.

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94,

Thank you again for a great hack. It installed with a NDS VC game and I can run the homebrew launcher. After I run Loadiine and go back into Haxchi, sometimes the screen goes black or freezes and I have to restart it. I'm not sure if that is normal or not, but it works pretty well.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

valenparra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Fix94, thanks for your awesome work. Sorry if this is already answered, but I have read several pages here and I haven't seen the question.
Is it safe to move the haxchi icon on the home screen after installing it over the DS VC game? Or will that brick my WiiU? I would like go ahead and install CBHC but before that I would like to have the Haxchi icon on the last page of my home screen.

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Fix94, thanks for your awesome work. Sorry if this is already answered, but I have read several pages here and I haven't seen the question.
Is it safe to move the haxchi icon on the home screen after installing it over the DS VC game? Or will that brick my WiiU? I would like go ahead and install CBHC but before that I would like to have the Haxchi icon on the last page of my home screen.
You can move it anywhere on the home screen and it will be fine, you can even put it in a folder.
Just do not move it to usb.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
My bad, wrong thread.

You can move it anywhere on the home screen and it will be fine, you can even put it in a folder.
Just do not move it to usb.

Why not? I did. Just if you unplug your USB, no more haxchi, which is stupid so I put it back on sysnand. This is not CBHC you know?

setsunafseiei885

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
FIX94,

Thank you again for a great hack. It installed with a NDS VC game and I can run the homebrew launcher. After I run Loadiine and go back into Haxchi, sometimes the screen goes black or freezes and I have to restart it. I'm not sure if that is normal or not, but it works pretty well.

just run mii channel after you launch haxchi to solve this issue

Reactions: emuman100

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol