Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94: Dunno whether this ever has been asked before but what do we have to do when we want to install the exact same DS game that we used for Haxchi?
Let's say I bought Kirby from eShop, injected Haxchi und want to install Kirby now through WUP Installer in order to play it - of course without losing Haxchi. Is that possible?
I guess we would have to play around with the Title ID of Kirby before installing it?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@FIX94: Dunno whether this ever has been asked before but what do we have to do when we want to install the exact same DS game that we used for Haxchi?
Let's say I bought Kirby from eShop, injected Haxchi und want to install Kirby now through WUP Installer in order to play it - of course without losing Haxchi. Is that possible?
I guess we would have to play around with the Title ID of Kirby before installing it?
You could decrypt the game and play it with loadiine. Thats what I did.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit the title id of Kirby yes.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how would I do this? With a hex editor?
You only need a text editor. I recommend Notepad++
So first convert your game to loadiine format. Downloading a already game dumped with DDD won't work as it is missing a few files that are needed for this to work. You can convert installable to loadiine with one of the stickied threads.
Open the meta folder and edit meta.xml
Their should be something that says
Code:
<title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">00050000XXXXXXX</title_id>
With the Xs being a certain number/letter combo. Edit it to something that isn't on your wii u. (Or increase the last part of the title id by one.)
Repack with https://gbatemp.net/threads/nuspacker-pack-files-into-installable-packages.447689/ and install.

Reactions: lordelan

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
And how would I do this? With a hex editor?

You could download a different region of the DS VC game, as the title ID would be different I thinK (Not tried it and is an assumption), so if you bought the US legit copy, download the EU or JP equivalent and install it via Wupinstaller in sig patched menu.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You only need a text editor. I recommend Notepad++
So first convert your game to loadiine format. Downloading a already game dumped with DDD won't work as it is missing a few files that are needed for this to work. You can convert installable to loadiine with one of the stickied threads.
Open the meta folder and edit meta.xml
Their should be something that says
Code:
<title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">00050000XXXXXXX</title_id>
With the Xs being a certain number/letter combo. Edit it to something that isn't on your wii u. (Or increase the last part of the title id by one.)
Repack with https://gbatemp.net/threads/nuspacker-pack-files-into-installable-packages.447689/ and install.
Wow didn't know it was only about the meta.xml :) Thanks.

MasterZoen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having problems getting this to load the Homebrew Launcher. I've dl'd Homebrew v1.4 and extracted the /wiiu folder to the root of my SD, I used the loadiine.ovh mp4 exploit to load Homebrew Launcher and grabbed Haxchi v2.3u1 and Mocha CFW v0.2 via the Homebrew App Store. I took the SD card out and edited the /Haxchi config.txt file to launch Mocha on the long A press. I restarted the console and again used mp4 exploit to load into Homebrew Launcher then ran Mocha CFW. The system rebooted and displayed the IOSUHAX screen. I again used the mp4 exploit to load into Homebrew Launcher, then ran Haxchi and chose the vcDS title I wanted to overwrite. Once that had finished and the system had booted back to the Wii U menu, I saw that the vcDS game icon had changed, so I launched it. It showed a splash for the Homebrew Launcher, then went to black screen and gave me error -5. What exactly did I do wrong?

My SD tree is:
/haxchi
/wiiu/apps/appstore
/wiiu/apps/haxchi
/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher (with all the files from v1.4)
/wiiu/apps/mocha

Last edited by MasterZoen,

MasterZoen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the .elf version not .rpx version (HBL).
I am using the .elf version of homebrew launcher.

My /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher folder contains homebrew_launcher.elf, icon.png, and meta.xml files. I have literally no clue how to use the .rpx version myself.

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno whether this ever has been asked before but what do we have to do when we want to install the exact same DS game that we used for Haxchi?

I Copied mine over to usb thumb drive when I first installed it, before I installed Haxchi.
This gives me the option to plug it in and play the haxchi game.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... I took the SD card out and edited the /Haxchi config.txt file to launch Mocha on the long A press. ... ... It showed a splash for the Homebrew Launcher, then went to black screen and gave me error -5. What exactly did I do wrong?
Can't guess without the config.txt to match against your folder structure.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
-5 is not only due to rpx, it's "unable to open file" which can be a wrong path, or anything which prevent opening the file in memory.

-3 : FSGetMountSource failed. (can't find SD card)
-4 : SD mount failed. (can't mount SD card)
-5 : FSOpenFile failed. (can't open file)
-1 : Failed to load homebrew_launcher.elf
-2 : Failed to load homebrew_launcher.elf (retry, different method)

MasterZoen : you are using FAT32?
(I guess if you weren't, you would get error -4)

maybe an issue with uppercase? (not sure if haxchi care about path case)
wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

can you launch HBL from a web exploit? (I guess you can too, or you couldn't launch haxchi installer)

Ah, something lot of users have in common : Do you have a USB device plugged ?
if you does, unplug everything ! that's a requirement or you can brick your console, it's not for fun that's it's asked to do that in the guide and first post.

Reactions: lgnmcrules

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Yo bro fix! can we have the ability to launch a splash screen on haxchi's boot screen ? that way we can have a custom launch screen with the commands written on it if we ever forgot them xD You know ? like luma3ds.

MasterZoen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nexusmtz~

The config.txt reads as follows:

a=wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

Cyan~
Yes, I did have a USB thumbdrive plugged in at the time. Strange that I didn't notice the big bold text in the first thread...
I'll try reinstalling without any USB device connected.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nexusmtz~

The config.txt reads as follows:

a=wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

Cyan~
Yes, I did have a USB HDD plugged in at the time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cyan~
Yeah, that seems to have done the trick. The icon changed from the HBL to Haxchi, and starting it up loaded HBL with no problems, and the long A press loaded Mocha.

Thanks for the help, guys.

P.S.:

I had to wait to post this reply, since this fixed the problem in, literally, seconds. }8(

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed Haxchi using brainage and it works! But I don't have a haxchi logo its still brain age. How do i fix this?

D

Deleted-355425

I decided to upgrade my 32gb micro sd card to a 64gb one, i have tried to just copy everything from one card to another but when i load haxchi i get a black screen with some text that just says '-4'

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON