Haxchi question...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by thekarter104, Sep 29, 2017.

1. thekarter104
    OP

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Hello.

Is there a version of Haxchi that allows you to hold A on the Wii U Pro Controller to boot into fw.img?
    You always need the Wii U GamePad, and I play most of my games with the Wii U Pro Controller anyway.

Thanks in advance.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Haxchi works with other controllers?

If it works, then you can set any button you want in the config.txt and reinstall haxchi.
    A=sd:/wiiu/apps/path/to/homebrew.elf

May I ask why you want to use the old, deprecated, outdated and not useful fw.img method to launch old deprecated outdated patched firmwares?
    Maybe I forgot something. there's still a tool using it? SDcafiine or something like that?

if you only want mocha, or CFW to just patch the signature check, you don't need fw.img method at all.

Last edited by Cyan, Sep 29, 2017
  3. El 15

El 15 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    Mexico
    excuse me for meddle
    I use that old, deprecated, outdated and not useful fw.img method because when I try run mocha my hard disk turns off don't know why. I´ll try with a pendrive may be it's only incompatibility betwen mocha and my Hard disk. the weird thing is when run rednand it doesn't turn off only when run sysnand with mocha.

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    ah, yes, it's strange.
    As mocha is the new version of that fw.img, it's patching the same functions except the fw.img is patched in memory instead of patching it on computer and loading the pre-patched version.

and the sysnand/rednand bug difference is strange too. I can't help a lot, I didn't work on that program code.
    well, if fw.img patches are enough for you, then it's good I guess. I don't remember if fw.img already had the IOS node (to use ftpiiu_everywhere)

Last edited by Cyan, Sep 29, 2017
    El 15 likes this.
  5. El 15

El 15 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    Mexico
    About ftpiiu I don´t know either but also don´t use it. the only problem for me is that vwii doesn´t work on rednand neither new nintendont channel.