Hacking HAXCHI install via NAND installed DS Software???

Secreus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everywhere I go I'm told that I need to purchase a compatible VC DS game for Haxchi and NOT TO BOOT FROM USB OR ELSE YOU'LL BRICK, but I just have one quick question (since I'm obviously cheap): can't I just install Brain Age or something to the NAND storage from WUP Installer GX2 using my SD Card and then load Haxchi through that? Does anyone know how that would work?

Thanks for your help guys!

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everywhere I go I'm told that I need to purchase a compatible VC DS game for Haxchi and NOT TO BOOT FROM USB OR ELSE YOU'LL BRICK, but I just have one quick question (since I'm obviously cheap): can't I just install Brain Age or something to the NAND storage from WUP Installer GX2 using my SD Card and then load Haxchi through that? Does anyone know how that would work?

Thanks for your help guys!
that would brick. you need a legitimate bought game because you can't launch a wup installed VC without sig patches. To get them patches, you need haxchi. See the dilemma?

As for the USB thing, it's because the system doesn't mount the USB drive before launching the default title. So if the VC game is on USB, it can't boot into it because the USB isn't mounted at that stage of boot.

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: Secreus

Secreus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would brick. you need a legitimate bought game because you can't launch a wup installed VC without sig patches. To get them patches, you need haxchi. See the dilemma?

No. U need to buy it

Or u will brick

Thanks, EclipseSin's explanation makes a lot of sense, if I would've just given it more thought I could've seen that conflict

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A little correction here... Haxchi itself wouldn't brick the system if the DS game is not legitimate. It just wouldn't work. Period. CBHC on the other hand, would brick you.

Reactions: Madridi

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A little correction here... Haxchi itself wouldn't brick the system if the DS game is not legitimate. It just wouldn't work. Period. CBHC on the other hand, would brick you.
That's actually not true, but I didn't want to muddy the water around the questions.

Haxchi itself can be installed and used without a legitimate VC game by first loading something like Mocha, it can then be used as a forwarder to other Homebrew instead of going through the Homebrew Launcher.

Haxchi itself cannot be used without sigpatches in this setup but is still able to be utilized for other purposes, but CHBC will brick.

---------------------------

Haxchi installed on an owned DS VC can be loaded after initial boot without help to load its own CFW or Homebrew.

In this setup Haxchi can be used to setup CHBC for boot-time CFW launch.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's actually not true, but I didn't want to muddy the water around the questions.
Could you point out exactly what is not true in what I posted? To my knowledge, there is not one single case in history of Haxchi bricking a console. Quite the opposite of CBHC. But that's the eternal debate... is it worth it to install CBHC? There will never be a clear answer.:D

Edit: Oh, OK, I understand what you mean, now. Haxchi can work with an unsigned DS game, as long as it's running in a sigpatched environment (via mocha). It still can't brick, though, and that was what I was pointing out.

Last edited by Dust2dust,
Reactions: Madridi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-