Homebrew Haxchi error -3

Skyleft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I should start this saying that earlier I accidentally poured a bunch of water over my Wii U and something clearly went wrong. I'd wanna know what I'm dealing with exactly.
After it happened, it made a really strange noise and I turned it off. After drying everything up, it boots up fine, but not haxchi. When I try to start up haxchi, it gives me a -3 error. What causes that? I figure it could not be detecting the SD card or something similar.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I should start this saying that earlier I accidentally poured a bunch of water over my Wii U and something clearly went wrong. I'd wanna know what I'm dealing with exactly.
After it happened, it made a really strange noise and I turned it off. After drying everything up, it boots up fine, but not haxchi. When I try to start up haxchi, it gives me a -3 error. What causes that? I figure it could not be detecting the SD card or something similar.

You prob have haxchi config setup to boot hb launcher for default when u just click icon. So with no sd card it won’t beable to find hb launcher. Haxchi is installed to nand but it’s forwarding features point to sd card.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://gbatemp.net/posts/7687512
like said, -3 means "SD not found". it's either not inserted, or not compatible. your SD port is maybe dead due to the water or cleansing you did, or try another SD Adapter if it's a microSD card.

if you want haxchi to launch the homebrew launcher, then you need the SD card, formatted as MBR, FAT32, and the homebrew launcher located in /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/ folder
if you want to patch your firmware to get CFW signature check patched (to launch games), then keep the B button pressed and it will only patch the firmware without trying to mount the SD.

your SD port is maybe broken :(
If you want to launch the homebrew launcher without an SD card it's possible (using browser exploit), but it will try to list homebrew located on SD card anyway.
a solution could have been to use mocha to redirect SD to USB, but mocha needs to be on SD to be launched, so it's not possible either.

Last edited by Cyan,

Skyleft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
https://gbatemp.net/posts/7687512
like said, -3 means "SD not found". it's either not inserted, or not compatible. your SD port is maybe dead due to the water or cleansing you did, or try another SD Adapter if it's a microSD card.

if you want haxchi to launch the homebrew launcher, then you need the SD card, formatted as MBR, FAT32, and the homebrew launcher located in /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/ folder
if you want to patch your firmware to get CFW signature check patched (to launch games), then keep the B button pressed and it will only patch the firmware without trying to mount the SD.

your SD port is maybe broken :(
If you want to launch the homebrew launcher without an SD card it's possible (using browser exploit), but it will try to list homebrew located on SD card anyway.
a solution could have been to use mocha to redirect SD to USB, but mocha needs to be on SD to be launched, so it's not possible either.
That really sucks, but thank you for the answer. According to Nintendo, my SD card slot is probably broken and it's one of the things they don't repair...

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That really sucks, but thank you for the answer. According to Nintendo, my SD card slot is probably broken and it's one of the things they don't repair...
Turn the console on without the SD inside then open Mii Maker and try to save a Mii as photo. It will request the SD card then you can test if it really is broken.

Reactions: Deleted User

yaycob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had the same issue and it can easily be fixed. your HAXCHI config file is setup to autoboot something. mine is set to autoboot SDcafiine & sigsyspatcher, however, when I changed the folder name of it inside wiiu/apps/sdcaffiine to wiiu/apps/1sdcaffiiine then I started getting the -3. before it was never an issue.

TDLR: you probably have the folders name changed or in the wrong directory because haxchi is trying to autoboot something which u can look at config.ini (you can view with notepad)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you may have to google haxchi tutorial to ensure all the directories are in the correct path.

Last edited by yaycob,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i had the same issue and it can easily be fixed. your HAXCHI config file is setup to autoboot something. mine is set to autoboot SDcafiine & sigsyspatcher, however, when I changed the folder name of it inside wiiu/apps/sdcaffiine to wiiu/apps/1sdcaffiiine then I started getting the -3. before it was never an issue.

TDLR: you probably have the folders name changed or in the wrong directory because haxchi is trying to autoboot something which u can look at config.ini (you can view with notepad)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you may have to google haxchi tutorial to ensure all the directories are in the correct path.
he already verified that the SD slot isn't functioning properly with Mii Maker

Reactions: Skyleft

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1