Homebrew *Hax 2.7 has been stealth released.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kromlech06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be looking a gift horse in the mouth here but was HANS ever fixed to work with the CPP and C stick, or able to load monster hunter and smash on old 3ds?

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the XMLs for those roms are there, then yes. If not then not yet. We need to decrypt and decompress the code.bin out of the exefs to generate the XML.
How do you get the XML files to work? HANS still gives me a red screen when trying to launch 9.6+ crypto titles. (Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Picross) I use gridlauncher.

Reactions: drfsupercenter

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get the XML files to work? HANS still gives me a red screen when trying to launch 9.6+ crypto titles. (Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Picross) I use gridlauncher.
you need an homebrew launcher that supports launching these titles. here's one: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/boot-3dsx-zip.41661/

you don't need to replace boot.3dsx, you can put it in /3ds/ like normal.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm

I updated HANS (all the rest of the starter pack is identical to what I had already) and wiped my Cubic Ninja save and reinstalled it, it now shows 2.7.

I put the "mmap" folder on the root of my MicroSD and downloaded all of the XMLs

I'm trying to load a game I know is in that list (Pokémon Blue) in HANS and it just freezes at a red bottom screen. Tried it a few times.

It used to freeze at a yellow screen...

What am I doing wrong? I've rebooted my 3DS after the freezes, too.

I'm on emuNAND if that means anything, but it shouldn't... all of the homebrew stuff seems to work the same inside my 10.7 emuNAND as on metal.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you need an homebrew launcher that supports launching these titles. here's one: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/boot-3dsx-zip.41661/

you don't need to replace boot.3dsx, you can put it in /3ds/ like normal.

Wait so the boot.3dsx in the starter pack is still the old one and doesn't support it? Is that the problem?

NicKFree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
VciUmXF.png

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes that works.

doesn't support it yet, I tried. the one I linked to is one I built, and it does support the 9.6 titles.

Oh, so it's not entirely updated LOL

I'll try yours out... did you just take smea's source and modify it? So many fork-launchers floating around that I get skeptical :/

All I want is the official one but with the ability to resort the menus...

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so it's not entirely updated LOL

I'll try yours out... did you just take smea's source and modify it? So many fork-launchers floating around that I get skeptical :/

All I want is the official one but with the ability to resort the menus...
no I simply built the latest commit (56a3d77), you would get the same result if you built it yourself.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this update affect the success rate for booting CFW from 9.2 menuhax and ctr boot manager? I know hax 2.6 was a major improvement from 2.5 for whatever reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr