ROM Hack Having trouble with romhacks on HANS.

GBATemp Irregular
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my story is that i put the rom hack into the correctly named folder, correctly naming the .romfs, and i run hans, says the path is invalid, but when i run it (tested on a custom Rom Hacks i made for oras (buubees) and Mario Mega mix) and it just shows a black screen with some garbage pixels on the side. I didn't hex edit the file because I heard you didn't need to do that anymore. Any help is appreciated!
:hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit:

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same problem.. i've edited harvest moon's romfs but once i launch it with hans, black screen and a small white pixel in the left..

GBATemp Irregular
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upload a screenshot of the hans folder

And the SD card's root to be sure.

Okay Heres the root
OMqPAnu.png
Yes i know im on mac.

Heres the smb3 folder
3AfeYhr.png

And the oras folder
zQl8Qqn.png

LoneFlo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your .romfs (and .code if it's needed) files need to be in a folder named "hans" on the root of your sd card. Your exefs.bin is unusable by HANS, if you want to use it you need the .code file in the same folder as the romfs named "TitleID.code".

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't 'make' a .code as far as I'm aware, you just rename the bin. same as how you get your .romfs by renaming the .bin of info you get

test it with titleid.code and titleid.romfs

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know how to make .code files. this is just what came with the file when i used braindump
on windows you can just type in a different file extension but idk about your os. And yeah if you need a .code and its still a .bin file that can be your problem

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are just renaming the (titleid).bin to (titleid).code.bin, you need to figure out how to change the .bin to .code itself somehow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol