OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, hello to everyone
smile.gif

Second, I'm sorry in advance if I missed any topic that already explained how to fix this... o:

I've started using homebrew since last week, and I've burnt three games so far. All 3 of them worked perfectly!
Today I tried playing Samba de Amigo though, and although its in the compatibility list, I just get a black screen. I'm on firmware version 3.2E (but I also tried it on 3.3E, I downgraded to see if it made any difference). Because the compatibility list says YES/NO I've tried both a patched and an unpatched dvd, but they both didn't work.

So I thought that maybe I could use GeckoOS instead... but when I try booting the game, I just get an error saying 'ERROR: No Dvd'. It does this with the games that work in Gamma 0.3 as well, which seems pretty weird to me... why can't they be read?

I can't imagine it being a faulty DVD, because I burned it twice and both DVDs didnt work. I must admit that they're DVD+Rs, but all the other games are DVD+Rs as well and they work great.

So my question is, how can I possibly play this game?

EDIT: I'm using a PAL Wii, and the game is PAL as well. I've also tried forcing it to PAL in GeckoOS, not that it would do anything, but still.
tongue.gif

Vytaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Small bump, people are really active here so my thread was already moving to other pages
tongue.gif

It would be great if anyone could help me though
happy.gif

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
first of, dont use +r dvds there is just no point in it
second, after you have burned it in a dvd-r test it in dvdinfopro to see if you have burned it in the best speed for you (you should burn between 8x and 16x) less than 60% of quality is a coaster
third, it can just be the iso, so after you do all of that and you really want that game, just "download" it from another source

hope it was helpfull

Vytaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks
smile.gif
I'll buy some DVD-Rs soon... and when I'm done burning I'll update this thread to tell you if it worked
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-