Hacking Having trouble migrating pokemon

RPinney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using an M3 DS Real and I am having trouble migrating my pokemon from Fire Red to Platinum. I get to the point where I am on the main menu of platinum and I have the option to import pokemon (I used pokepatch on my game). I select that option and I get a save error. "Error reading the Game Boy Advance Game Pak's save file. There may not be a file saved, or the save file may be corrupted." My save file is in .SAV format. Flash / 128kb i think

What to do?

RPinney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
Confirm your pokemon works on NDS(play gba on NDS).
Then confirm you select proper GBA for link.

Done. The GBA works on NDS (the save works too). However, after I try doing the link, then hard reset, then play the GBA on NDS I get a "save file is corrupt, loading old save instead" error. Or something like that. Which basically loads the save that I was trying to play anyways.

QUOTE(perpetualskeptic @ Mar 27 2010, 04:45 PM) What are you using in slot2? EZflash 3in1?
GBA expansion pack. It came bundled with my M3 DS Real

Also, I've tried this on both TouchPod and Sakura. Both will show the option to migrate pokemon, and both get corrupted / no save found errors after attempting to select the option to migrate.

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have you tried not using pokepatch? (I will try now, if migrating works for me.)

EDIT: I have linked unpatched Emerald (U) to unpatched Platinum (U). Strangely, the option to migrate does not even show up? Did I miss something?

RPinney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave up and am now just using AR cheats, which is fine with me. Thanks anyways

QUOTE said:
EDIT: I have linked unpatched Emerald (U) to unpatched Platinum (U). Strangely, the option to migrate does not even show up? Did I miss something?

You are probably not to the Pal Park yet?

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am well several dozen hours into the game and have access to Pal Park. The migrate option is supposed to come up at that blue main menu, right?

RPinney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It doesn't matter because even if it does come up it will tell you the save data is corrupt (well, thats what happened to me, and many others as searching has shown me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: