shadow theory

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did a search through google as well as on this site and couldn't find an answer that ended up helping me out.

I have a slim PSP running cfw 5.00 m33-6 and I was trying to run GPSP, I've tried both the latest UO Kai build as well as GPSP-J. I have used two different bios files, just to try to see if that was the issue.

Whenever I try to load up any game the screen goes white and the PSP freezes (and often shuts off). I was wondering what steps I could take to fix it.

This is my first foray into using emulators on a handheld--so please pardon my ignorance!

shadow theory

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had the same error with two different GPSP's that I obtained from two different places. I'll give the one on that site a try later, but I'm starting to conclude that it isn't the program itself, but some issue with how it is configured (or perhaps an incompatibility with my firmware? do I need the kernel update?)

shadow theory

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the bios is in the same folder.

EDIT:
I just tried a different game and it loaded. So now I'm wondering if by some very bad luck the first four games I was using to test it were all games that gave the emulator problems. Is there a place I can find a compatibility list that is rather recent? (I've found a bunch that are three or so years old).

shadow theory

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NTSC bios. Should I use another one?
I'm thinking the game I had at first was a bad dump, as the second time around with a new file that game ran too. (The original dump had worked for me in other emulators).

Anyway I've got it working and I want to thank you two for answering my call for help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: