Having trouble getting GPSP working

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by shadow theory, Jan 18, 2011.

1. shadow theory
    OP

shadow theory GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 5, 2003
    United States
    I did a search through google as well as on this site and couldn't find an answer that ended up helping me out.

I have a slim PSP running cfw 5.00 m33-6 and I was trying to run GPSP, I've tried both the latest UO Kai build as well as GPSP-J. I have used two different bios files, just to try to see if that was the issue.

Whenever I try to load up any game the screen goes white and the PSP freezes (and often shuts off). I was wondering what steps I could take to fix it.

This is my first foray into using emulators on a handheld--so please pardon my ignorance!

2. alkahest

alkahest GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2010
    United States
    i used the gpsp on wololo.net essentials homebrews .

3. shadow theory
    OP

Aug 5, 2003
    United States
    I've had the same error with two different GPSP's that I obtained from two different places. I'll give the one on that site a try later, but I'm starting to conclude that it isn't the program itself, but some issue with how it is configured (or perhaps an incompatibility with my firmware? do I need the kernel update?)

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Is gba_bios.bin in the same folder as EBOOT.PBP?

5. shadow theory
    OP

Aug 5, 2003
    United States
    Yes, the bios is in the same folder.

EDIT:
    I just tried a different game and it loaded. So now I'm wondering if by some very bad luck the first four games I was using to test it were all games that gave the emulator problems. Is there a place I can find a compatibility list that is rather recent? (I've found a bunch that are three or so years old).

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    What region BIOS?
    What games?

7. shadow theory
    OP

Aug 5, 2003
    United States
    NTSC bios. Should I use another one?
    I'm thinking the game I had at first was a bad dump, as the second time around with a new file that game ran too. (The original dump had worked for me in other emulators).

Anyway I've got it working and I want to thank you two for answering my call for help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice