OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

I'm having some trouble. I got to Step 5 and when I attempt to run IOS Downgrader v1.1, my Wii just reboots to the welcome screen. Please help... I am running 3.4U atm. I also I tried to use the cISO Downgrader v1.2 and it also restarted my Wii to the welcome screen.

Am I missing something?

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
iys NOT ISO but IOS
wink.gif
just wanted to say that

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you assist me with a little direction, there are so many tutorials and so many applications that I honestly have no clue what is the right one. I've been told by 3 different people to use 3 different guides. I'm hoping to finish this today. Please, if you have any idea what tutorial I should be following let me know. Thanks!

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446
use that guide
instead of cios_fix, you can also install cIOS249/36 I think

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work.

+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.

+Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.

This uses the same steps, and the step to load the downgrader is where I am having the problem. Did I miss something?

EDIT:
tj_cool
"instead of cios_fix, you can also install cIOS249/36 I think"

Not sure what you mean, is that a separate wad file I need to obtain?

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is you don't have the proper cios installed intead of installing cios fix go download cios rev 8 from wii.waninkoko.info and run that through the hbc and then cios downgrader and ios downgrader will work i knew someone who had the same issue

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blitzer320 said:
the problem is you don't have the proper cios installed intead of installing cios fix go download cios rev 8 from wii.waninkoko.info and run that through the hbc and then cios downgrader and ios downgrader will work i knew someone who had the same issue

Okay, so I should download the newest cIOS_rev_8 from the waninkoko site. Then .wad the same what I did for the cios_fix.wad? Then I should run the cIOS downgrader? I thought I had to run the IOS Downgrader before the cIOS downgrader?

Please confirm and I'll try right now.

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blitzer320 said:
Also please be aware, I tried to install the rev8 file before and got errors. I haven't tried it since I have had this error. Please check this thread for a detailed description of my rev8 issues from before:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141902

let me know if I should still try to download the rev8.

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blitzer320 said:

i just tried this. the cIOS rev8 will not install due to me still being on 3.4U and the IOS downgrader not successfully working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1