Hacking Having issues with CFG Loader, Please Help

mcbauer1987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice that when I play either Gamecube games or Wii games, the individual pixels on the screen stand out just a little too much. All of the edges appear to be rough as if no anti-aliasing is occurring. It maybe unrelated, but I notice in HBC and the related apps, the font looks kind of glitchy (black pixels in the white font). Lastly, when I look carefully I notice ghost like vertical and horizontal strips.

Any ideas on how I can improve the graphics?

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it only on the vwii or also on teh wiiU mode? have you set the right resolution for your TV? are you using HDMI ? ..not sure what could cause this, but the first thing i would try would be verify the HDMI cable (if it also occurs in the wiiU mode..) and then the display settings.
Have you installed a new cios lately? was it always like this or it started appening suddenly?

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

mcbauer1987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it only on the vwii or also on teh wiiU mode? have you set the right resolution for your TV? are you using HDMI ? ..not sure what could cause this, but the first thing i would try would be verify the HDMI cable (if it also occurs in the wiiU mode..) and then the display settings.
Have you installed a new cios lately? was it always like this or it started appening suddenly?
Wiiu mode looks perfect, and the resolution is set to 1080p. The quality seems to degrade even at the vWii menu before entering HBC. I had not really used the vWii side before softmodding, but as far as I can tell it has always been happening. I just bought this Wiiu a week ago. The only thing I have installed is what was mentioned in the Youtube video and Nintendont.

mcbauer1987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you show us sample pictures each of an affected game, homebrew, Homebrew Channel, Wii System Menu and Wii U system menu, respectively? (on top of answering puss2puss's questions)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

mcbauer1987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the poor picture quality. I should probably mention that I have a 1080p projector. The Zelda pic (though a little blurry) shows the vertical lines the best, as well as the very jagged edges. The picture of the back button shows the glitchy pixels in the font, as well as, the rather large square pixels.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
first of all, can you post here a link to the youtube video you are talking about? just to know what stuff you installed..
and, i never actually used a projector for a wii, but maybe the projector's processor is causing it. i mean, the normal wii isntHD, and in the vwii of the wiiU it upscale's it a little bit, but still aint HD..so just to make sure its not related, can you try the wiiU's vwii on a normal TV or normal HDTV ? ..i dont know maybe the projector tries to force the HD out of the vwii but i'm not sure since it sounds a bit pulled from the hair :P

Anyway, try it on a TV and see if its different and also wrote here the link of the youtube video. oh and also can you make a diagnostic with ''Pimp my wii''? to take a look at your iOSs and CiOSs..

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i never had issues or imprecise results with pimp my wii, pretty sure its okay to use Pimp my wii if he wants for the kind of problem he haves...espacially because is problem will most likely give the same result either he uses pimp or syscheck..its not like if he was unable to launch homebrews or launch backups.. anyway, might be a good thing to use both to make sure of the same result..but in my opinion it wont change anything to is problem, if some cios/ios are not installed correctly, both programs will be able to let him know ;)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never had issues or imprecise results with pimp my wii, pretty sure its okay to use Pimp my wii if he wants for the kind of problem he haves...espacially because is problem will most likely give the same result either he uses pimp or syscheck..its not like if he was unable to launch homebrews or launch backups.. anyway, might be a good thing to use both to make sure of the same result..but in my opinion it wont change anything to is problem, if some cios/ios are not installed correctly, both programs will be able to let him know ;)

I suppose, I just generally regard PimpMyWii as "dangerous" because it can be used to change the System Menu, which will brick the vWii

Reactions: puss2puss

mcbauer1987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I don't have another tv that supports hdmi. I only used pimp my wii to install the widescreen fix forwarder for HBC because multi mod manger would not detect my motion plus wiimote. I'd be happy to provide more info but I would need instructions on how to do so as I am not that knowledgeable on the subject.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I don't have another tv that supports hdmi. I only used pimp my wii to install the widescreen fix forwarder for HBC because multi mod manger would not detect my motion plus wiimote. I'd be happy to provide more info but I would need instructions on how to do so as I am not that knowledgeable on the subject.

Do you have a composite cable for the Wii?

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to test if its cause by your projector, try going to the vwii, while displaying it on the gamepad (when you start the vwii it ask if you want to use the gamepad or only the tv..). So you'il be able to see if the image is correct. If so, then the problem might be related to the projector (imcompatible maybe?..not sure it can be incompatible..but it might..).

mcbauer1987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried to take a glance at things with the gamepad, and it definitely looked better, but the screen is too small to really see some of the finer details. I decided to change the resolution to 480p to see if things would improve. The glitchy text went away, but the games still look jagged and the stripes are still barely visible. In case it helps, I currently have the Wiiu connected to a Sony STR-DN1040 using the HDMI cable the system came with. From there, I have a fairly lengthy HDMI cable running to a Panaonic pt-rz470. I've played with all of the settings I could find dealing with video signal, but is there anything I should be looking at in particular?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried to take a glance at things with the gamepad, and it definitely looked better, but the screen is too small to really see some of the finer details. I decided to change the resolution to 480p to see if things would improve. The glitchy text went away, but the games still look jagged and the stripes are still barely visible. In case it helps, I currently have the Wiiu connected to a Sony STR-DN1040 using the HDMI cable the system came with. From there, I have a fairly lengthy HDMI cable running to a Panaonic pt-rz470. I've played with all of the settings I could find dealing with video signal, but is there anything I should be looking at in particular?
Have you tried switching what HDMI port it's plugged into on the Sony? (that's a nice A/V console, by the way, nice find)

Reactions: puss2puss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi