Having a flashed drive and a separate spoofed drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by mocalacace, Dec 18, 2010.

1. mocalacace
    OP

Member mocalacace GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been seriously thinking about flashing my 360's DVD drive, but I am cautious cause I dont want to throw down 200 big ones on a new 360 if I get banned. So I was wondering if I flashed my original 360 drive (lite-on 7000 series) and I plan on only using it offline (to prevent getting banned I plan on checking my x-value and if its flagged hook it up to my PC and unflag it). Then take a BENQ drive from an old box and spoof it (not flashed) and swap to that when I play online. Now I've heard something about MS being able to detect spoofed drives because data in the KV (like if you had a lite-on and spoofed to a hitachi they can tell and then ban you) so would this be the case and would I get banned, or is it safe to spoof to the BENQ and switch to it when playing online?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I just thought I would mention- banned 360s are not suddenly worthless but I guess if you really like Live. Equally between LT/LT+, some common sense and ABGX360 things should be good.

MS added/used spoof detection this last go around as far as I know.

If I understand you have one main xbox you use.
    You have another for spares and repairs as it were.

You want to flash the drive of your main xbox but use the spares drive as and when you go online?

Unflagging a console short of having the CPU key (if you have this then you can probably safely spoof as you can alter the KV/nand accordingly) or possibly full NAND backups is going to be tricky if not impossible.

Long story short- just use LT+ and some common sense. Swapping drives will do nothing for you.

3. gbatempfan1

Member gbatempfan1 GBAtemp Regular

You don't have to throw down $200, you can purchase a used 360 for ~$100, sometimes even cheaper on craigslist if your patient. Many people say you if you flash you'll be banned eventually. That is partially true because c4eva is not perfect and backups and the ability to make them are not always current with the times. If you don't have or want the common sense and knowledge to keep up, then a secondary used unit is probably best option.

4. mocalacace
    OP

Member mocalacace GBAtemp Fan

United States
    http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/3515...82#entry2541582

You can unflag your console with that.

And so what you are saying is, using the spare drive on my 360 online will still get me banned?

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Of course- secdata restoration as a means of flag dodge.

Whether it gets you outright banned is one thing but it will do little, if anything, to prevent you being banned.

What might be of interest though is to flash one of those drives with 1.6NS and the other with LT+ (looking at allowing you to play just about any release regardless of splitvid) although 1.6NS is not exactly live safe.