Hacking Have You Used Multiple USB Loaders on Your Wii?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering which loader I should use. I'm currently on GX, and long ago I used Waninkoko's USB Loader. People recommend different loaders, but most of them only tried one and liked it enough to use it!

For those of you who have tried more than one loader, which is the best? Why?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use GX for most my purposes and Hermes uLoader because it it can run games from and external DVD drive.

I tried a few others and none of them have pulled me away from GX. If GX added external DVD support I'd ditch uLoader completely... Or have they? I haven't updated in ages. And to be fair, it's been a long time since I've looked at other loaders as well. So if there is a loader as pretty and feature laden as GX that has external DVD support it may be time to switch.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
W hat said:
I was wondering which loader I should use. I'm currently on GX, and long ago I used Waninkoko's USB Loader. People recommend different loaders, but most of them only tried one and liked it enough to use it!

For those of you who have tried more than one loader, which is the best? Why?

Its really up to you and how technical you or your user is

wiiflow= has a okish amount of settings but is good for the person that likes their loader to look cool and incredibly easy to use

usb loader gx=has quite a bit of options under settings and is seperated into categories so its easy to find that setting you want and has 3 game views so not as many as wiiflow

CFG loader= has an INSANE amount of options you can change but the options are displayed in a way where it looks unfriendly for non-technical users

Theres other usb loaders but these are the most popular

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I tested a few. Incluiding Wiiflow 1.1, USB Loader GX, and USB LOADER CFG.

So far, I´m standing for USB LOADER CFG as its options cover everything related to USB HDD/DVD. Also gives more compatability with latest CIOS and is being upgraded almost every week.

joelozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
I tested a few. Incluiding Wiiflow 1.1, USB Loader GX, and USB LOADER CFG.

So far, I´m standing for USB LOADER CFG as its options cover everything related to USB HDD/DVD. Also gives more compatability with latest CIOS and is being upgraded almost every week.

Go with CFG like this guy said. The interface doesn't look that good, but it gets updated every week with new features, and isn't as buggy as GX.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've used quite a few. Let's see...

I started out with GX. Not that bad of a loader, but I wouldn't suggest it for anything other than playing games. That homebrew shortcut never really worked for me. Plus that the later beta versions weren't that stable (hence the name "beta", of course).

I switched to CFG because that one supported ISO forwarders. As such, I could start homebrew from within the loader itself. (note: I've since heard rumors that GX supports those as well...can't say for sure). Admitted: it's a hassle to configure things. It has so many choices that I probably spent more time finetuning that program than I did modding my wii.
But the result was pretty nice (to my taste, that is). It's stability is certainly a plus as well as the speed of response if you get stuck (mostly thanx to Dr.Clipper).

Nonetheless, I use wiiflow (2.0) nowadays. It doesn't have that many options, but it's style and smoothness make up for that (frankly: aside from the one-button-to-change-category, I don't miss anything). It's easier to add games to categories. Other than that, it offers roughly the same options as CFG (well: it's possible to totally finetune a theme from within the GUI...but I don't use that feature often).

All in all, I'd say wiiflow and CFG are totally up to par with each other. Wiiflow may take a few extra seconds to load, but once started, all the cover pics are already there. CFG is indeed updated more often, but most changes aren't that important to get.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I originally used U-loader. Used wiiflow for a bit but then moved onto Configurable USB loader, and I have to say, so far this is the best.

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Started with GX, and that was my favourite loader for a long time (if they fix some bugs it would be my first option, for sure, I love the interface
biggrin.gif
)

Now, I use as my main loaders uLoader and CFG Loader. CFG because I use it for a long time for the config options and compatibility, and uLoader because of the nice NAND emulation (WiiWare from USB is a dream coming true!)

But because of WiinnerTag right now I have about 6 loaders in my SD card XD

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
GX then CFG because of compatibility ...as long as it shows the covers and it loads the games i am happy

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
I used Waninkoko's when it first came out then I switched to one which could force video modes not long later. I switched to Uloader sometime down the track but it crashed every now and then so I changed to GFG loader. I tried GX once but it was too glitchy for my liking as nice as it looks.

In my experience CFG loader is the best, but I havn't really looked at the loaders enough to call this claim all that reliable.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
When I first modded my Wii I used USB Loader GX, but made a transition for CFG USB Loader later on due to its better compatibility. I recently went for WiiFlow for its eye candy, and it works pretty much just as well as CFG. And I have Neogamma installed just in case I might load backup DVD-Rs.

So that places me at having four different USB Loaders (all of them are still on my SD card), though I mainly use WiiFlow now, with CFG as a backup. Both are highly recommended. They're about up to par with each other, and despite WiiFlow taking longer to load, it makes up with having all the covers (in higher quality too!) already loaded up, which takes time in CFG.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have started with GX, but switched to ConfigUSB when it started introducing FAT loading, and by the time GX caught up, I was already converted. Now I run ConfigUSB for loading game images (with forwarder channels for my favorites) and uLoader for WiiWare, as it appears more stable than TriiForce (has there ever been a CIOS249 not buggy to death?) and less picky with media than SNEEK (which I finally got to run thanks to patient help from XFlak, yet still has a tendency to choke with some games when I try to quit).

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I started with GX and CFG together in spring 2009. For 2 weeks GX was auto started by preloader and now it is CFG. In autumn 2009 I removed GX and added Wiiflow.

CFG is my standard loader because best handling (and you know, I'm a console freak
wink.gif
). I use Wiiflow only to show friends the nice GUI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto