Have you stopped buying from China for now?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,698
  • Replies 85
D

Deleted User

OP
The Coronavirus not only made fatal victims, but has also affected China's economy, unsurprisingly.

I personally don't order from China, but rather buy from within the country I live in or from another Western country. I've noticed a lot of sellers on eBay say they dispatch from Great Britain, but when you check their profile it says Hong Kong (China), for example.

Oh yes, FFP3 masks are also selling out quite quickly on Amazon (U.K.) and on eBay they're being scalped. Imagine that, even when people might need a mask, they'll have to pay premium price rather than the original. Damn greed.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I haven't because the virus doesn't survive long outside of the host and it takes forever for anything to get out of China and to my place. I am more likely to get it from my Uber driver than I am from a package from China, I say this because there's an international airport near me and a lot of Uber drivers tend to pick up rides from there. Even then it's still pretty unlikely that anyone I am near or any package I get from China is gonna to have Coronavirus attached to them or my package.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
The sheer number of non-food products that come from China, especially plastic and electronic goods, makes not buying things sourced from there extremely difficult. As for buying direct from China, I think I did it once on eBay in 2007 to get pre-release Transformers toys that 'went missing' from the factory.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As about 90%+ of electronic goods come from China, I would say that I haven't stopped buying from China. If you're asking about this because of the coronavirus, then this is moot as that virus is the least of your worries for stuff that comes out of China.
Not all, not all, not all, but a lot of those factory workers do not have good personal hygiene as well as workers in any countries. You would not believe how much "waste products" and other germs that live longer than the coronavirus are on the things you buy that do not come out of sterile factories.
Everything you buy should be wiped down and/or washed before you use them especially anything that is intended to go inside your body.

D

Deleted User

OP
yes but reason is that ive noticed that shipping time has increased. so im just waiting a bit.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The hysteria is ridiculous. I went to the shops the other day and my old man told me not to buy anything made in China. This is coupled with stories of people avoiding Chinese restaurants. Honestly, we live in an age where we can readily access information throughout humanity, and this stupid misinformed shit still happens.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Every known case so far has been through contact. It doesn't survive on anything other than the host. And many more people die every year on flu. No reason to panic.

D

Deleted User

OP
I bought some components I need from China because I don't know where else to buy them.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've never checked wher my amazon order comes from but I always make sure I get it the next day so does tht mean I've never had anything from china:lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night