Gaming Have you ever completed the whole pokedex?

SoLuckys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyprus
i almost finished ruby. I had 198 pokemons on the dex before i knew about Deoxys and Jirachi but my dog bite and boom..... NEW GAME. I was so pissed of that i almost killed my old GBC

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This topic makes me wonder if anyone has ever literally had all the pokemon in their box. Like, not just a completed pokedex, but every pokemon there is. Then if someone has, has anyone raised them all to level 100 without rare candies, looooool I can't imagine raising a metapod to level 100 >.>

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had 435 pokemon in my pokemon diamond game WITHOUT cheats. I gave it cause I know its impossible to collect them all with out cheats.

semiartificial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
semiartificial said:
I completed all 493 last spring (mainly to please/impress my son, he's 7 I'm 50!). I/We had previously worked on Yellow, Gold, Ruby, and Leaf Green before getting both Diamond and Pearl, so I was able to get over 400 by catching/transfers/breeding/evolution, the rest were via online trading, and I'm sure that some of the things I traded for are AR hacks (eg. Arceus). Took me 240 hours.

Now that is amazing!
All 493, dude, where did you get the inspiration and willpower to do that?

Mainly the look of admiration on my son's face as I got nearer and nearer! He's been a Pokemon fan for as long as I remember. I get Pokemon stuff for him from all over. His bedroom is a shrine (curtains, duvet cover, pyjamas, you name it!).
Plus it was a way of bringing together the effort we put in the previous games - the 240 hours was just what I put into Diamond/Pearl ... god knows how much time I also put into the other games (including Colosseum and XD, forgot those), and I was always frustrated we didn't 'complete' them (Colosseum excepted, probably put 200 hours into that just to get Ho-oh).
Also some things are a lot easier in D/P than in earlier games, especially breeding and trading, so there was always a way round the walls I hit in the previous games, which kept momentum going. Transfers via the pal park were a strict daily routine, every lunchtime without fail until all the pokes I needed were transferred over.
Plus the DS is a great piece of kit. I'm at work now, but it's in my suit pocket, ready to go, and I played whenever I had a few spare minutes.
And to answer the question above about having all 493 Pokemon, rather than just pokedex entries, yes I have all 493 lined up in Podedex order ... just had to be that way.
I was also going to get all the unknowns too, but stopped at 19 as my son wasn't really bothered about them.
One of the hardest things was how 'purist' to be regarding the legendaries and similar - while a few are easier than some people think (eg. Entei/Suicune/Raikou are straightforward if you have Colosseum), the event pokes are problematic and I tried hard to get clones rather than hacks wherever possible. I talked to a lot of people and traded for Darkrai several times before I got what I believe to be a clone of a genuine Movie Darkrai (which is all a bit silly really eh!).
I keep thinking I should do the same for Shaymin, now there has been an event, but as you might guess, I've barely the touched the game since, I was pretty much Poke'd out! What we do when Platinum is released is an interesting question.

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I only got half way, after playing it everynight for a while I started to reference things in everyday life to Pokemon. I then knew it was time I had a break lol. Haven't played it for a few months, but its only a matter of time...

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st gen i got them all on blue (no cheating)

2nd gen i got them all on gold except 1 or 2 unknown (no cheating)

3rd gen i got them all on emerald took me a year to get a feebas then my buddy screwed up it's beuty then released it and i had to find another took me 3 more months(no cheating)

4th gen hell no on diamond not even close (with cheating)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-