Hacking Have to launch payload twice?

345742D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I updated my SDFiles to 9.01 I've had to start launching the Hekate 4.1 payload twice to get it to the Hekate menu. The first time it has some Hekate logo which fades away then nothing, then I have to launch it again and I get the normal boot menu. Does this happen to anyone else? Am I updating my SDFiles wrong? I just drag, drop and overwrite files. I really dont feel like formatting my SD card for obvious reasons. Is this something I just have to live with or is is there a config file I can edit or something?

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I updated my SDFiles to 9.01 I've had to start launching the Hekate 4.1 payload twice to get it to the Hekate menu. The first time it has some Hekate logo which fades away then nothing, then I have to launch it again and I get the normal boot menu. Does this happen to anyone else? Am I updating my SDFiles wrong? I just drag, drop and overwrite files. I really dont feel like formatting my SD card for obvious reasons. Is this something I just have to live with or is is there a config file I can edit or something?

I am new to all this and got my Switch up and running the other day. This is also happening to me and I know exactly what you are talking about. You get a Hekate logo in the center then it shuts off....you must then put it into RCM mode and send it over again which you will notice instantly works and allows you inside the normal menu you should be seeing the first time you sent it over.....not a huge deal to me, waiting on a payload injector device but will mess with my Switch much more today and let you know if I hear or see anything.

Last edited by CobraX83,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The first time it has some Hekate logo which fades away then nothing, then I have to launch it again and I get the normal boot menu.
It happen a lot to me, I don't know why.
Sometimes I got the normal boot the first time, sometimes I have to launch the payload twice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It happen a lot to me, I don't know why.
Sometimes I got the normal boot the first time, sometimes I have to launch the payload twice.
It only happen since Hekate 4.1

Reactions: CobraX83

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a feature exclusive to Hekate V4.1. Directly quoted from the changelog...
  • Auto full power off when the device woke up from HOS' power off
    Usefull with modchips/dongles when using AutoRCM. (You can see it as a breathing backlight with hekate's logo).
If a Switch has AutoRCM and you power down from HOS (Horizon) and resend the Hekate payload, it will power down the console. The only way to avoid this is by shutting down the device from RCM prior to sending the Hekate payload such as with a manual shutdown (i.e holding power for 12 seconds). CTCaer said he's working on changing this behavior so its not triggered by default so its not really a bug but more of a feature that works outside of its intended purpose.

Reactions: CobraX83

345742D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I read something about that in the changelog but the wording kinda threw me off for some reason. So it does a real power down the first time when the Hekate logo shows then the next payload launches it like normal. Makes sense. Nice feature, I guess...

Reactions: Asia81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)