Have problems running AceKard_skin_editor on Windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by galaec, May 6, 2010.

1. galaec
    OP

Newcomer galaec Member

United States
    Hey, I am trying my hand at making skins again but I seem to be getting an error about "MSINET.OCX" about it not being registered or a missing or invalid file. What does this mean and how can I fix it? Does it have to do with windows 7?

2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I use AKEdit myself in win7 64-bit with no problems except for the bug that makes the app not recognize if you've already converted you bitmaps to 16-bit color.

Wild guess, you need to install framework for .NET, though I have no idea what version you'd need. try looking for a Readme file or something for your skin editor

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Based on the title of the thread, the op is using AceKard_skin_editorV1.01 from the Acekard website and not Dan Taylor's AK Edit

Perhaps the OP should try akedit instead? http://www.mediafire.com/?kwtjajw353t

4. galaec
    OP

Newcomer galaec Member

United States
    I am using the latest version of skin editor and I would rather not use akedit at this stage.

5. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    If you aren't already, you need to run it as administrator (at least that is what got it working for me on Vista)...maybe the right-click option or something

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Start -> type 'cmd' -> right click 'cmd.exe' -> Run as Admin
    Navigate to your AceKard_Skin_Editor folder -- e.g. C:\Users\\Desktop\AceKardSkinEditor\
    Then type the following for each OCX error:CODERegsvr32 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146219

But to be honest... I'd say give up on AceKard_Skin_Editor.

Once you get past all the OCX errors (there's about 7 files you need to register), you'll get into another error where you don't have permission to use a file because of an invalid/oudated(?) license.