Have a Jpn N3DS, How to avoid accidental update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DevilHands, Jan 10, 2015.

1. DevilHands
    OP

DevilHands Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2007
    United States
    Its really a disappointment that they still haven't released the update for N3ds. I guess however I am going to take the time to navigate my N3DS. Its harder than I thought though... since I am deathly afraid of pressing something by mistake and accidentally updating it as I can't understand a darn thing haha...

I was sweating like hell just trying to create a wifi profile as I fear I am actually pressing the ok to update button.

Is there a list or tip on what I should or should not do in order not to accidentally update it? This is assuming I also want to turn wifi on to play online.

Thanks

2. MaximusVX

MaximusVX Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    If you have a smartphone, use Google Translate and change it to Japanese -> English, click the camera button and you can live translate the japanese text. I don't have a JP N3DS yet, but I've googled some 3DS dialog boxes in japanese and used my phone against the screen to see if it'd translate, and it worked pretty well actually.

DevilHands likes this.
  3. DevilHands
    OP

DevilHands Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2007
    United States
    Really??? I can do that on my android phone???? I didnt know about that haha