• Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
First, this is what I have in Wii now:
1)HBC beta9
2)WAD Manager
3)Gecko OS
4)cIOS uninstaller (I do not know what to do with it)
5)ftpii
5)Some kind of modchip (the guy who sold it to me had it installed for me, but I don't know what brand)
6)Firmware 3.2U (But it WAS a Japanese Wii. Modded to make it English (NTSC-U) )
7)IOS36 (Read from HBC)

I guess that's it, now I have tis questions:
1)How do I make my Wii brick-proof?
(Given that I don't have TP or a Gamecube Controller)
2)I have this problem when I tried to install a WAD, no make that two. It showed me this error
ret = -1029. Then I tried with another WAD, it's still the same problem. So what do I do?

I ran the Wad Manager and it said that "cIOS found" and something.

And I do not know what that guy installed to my Ninty Wii when I bought it from him. And I bought it just a few weeks ago.

And thanks in advance.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Try going through the steps in the guide in my sig. Specifically the cios_fix and the ios downgrade. That is my best guess
tongue.gif

Install starfall and gamma channel if you want.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ EoC

why don't you tell the people to install the latest cIOS36_r7 instead of the cIOS_fix, wich is the r5 fixed by ppc_gba????

D

Deleted User

OP
Is it this one?
"+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.

+Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
**Note: This is NOT the same as the cIOS downgrader. The cIOS downgrader allows you to upgrade or downgrade to the ideal firmware
version which is 3.2. The reason 3.2 is so popular is partially because versions after this one had the Trucha bug fixed, and almost
as importantly ver 3.2 is required to run Starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a
partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.
"

And what must I remove (In case if that thing needs user prompt)?
Final question, is this noob-proof? lol

D

Deleted User

OP
Kay, i tried to install the cios_fix.wad using custom WM (didn't run the IOS36) and got:
ret = -1035, any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte