Homebrew Has Anyone Messed With Stary2001's InputRedirection?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 9,657
  • Replies 79

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter Generations doesn't boot, guessing its due to trying to take advantage of the N3DS stuff? I'm on a N3DS.

Only other game I tried was a Taiko title, seemed to work, got to head out atm but was excited to try :) will most likely do some more testing later.

Any chance of having an option to disable the XInput button mapping? at least for now? while we can't customize I would like to use something like XPadder and just map they keyboard controls to controller.
Stary2001 has a N3DS to, and he has problems running smash as well. on Old3DS it boots, but since the console reboots into extended memory mode the input proc patches are removed. also i noticed that once you run input proc on old3DS, homebrew cia wont boot anymore until console is rebooted. I will work on making controller input editable. its just it seemed like a lot more work than just Keys. since they are all not the same like Keys but Buttons/DPad/Thumbsticks.

Ah, thanks. It says an error occured when I go into the Home Menu though, but I assume that's
not much of a problem. Hoping this will work...
its fine, its just how homebrew launcher returns to home menu without rebooting.

Joao_Shino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Omg I tried this without any expectations... and it works very well!
Tested SSFIV, New SMB 2 and other games. Didn't notice any lag at all (maybe that's just me, of course there must be some frames of lag). Smash could be the better game for me to test lag, but it stops the input redirection (old 3ds, smash closes background applications).
This is hype! Keep it up :)

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Xbox One Control pad doesn't seem to be setup? I mean the Left Analog stick worked but past that hitting the face buttons seemed to navigate the home menu and wasn't even like D-Pad assigned to it, I think "Y" was going down or something, none seemed to be the 3DS "A" button.

Either way I setup XPadder with a PS3 Controller for the time being and did a hunt in the Monster Hunter 3 Demo since it doesn't have a N3DS mode, mostly worked a treat :) I say mostly, my input failed a few times, likely just my network having too much going on and both my PC/3DS being on wireless.

Look forward to when games using N3DS mode work!

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
PC client updated. now supports gamepad button mapping.

Nice, though with my Xbox One Controller when I tried to change the buttons I hit "A" and it set DPad Up as None, B = Down, Y = Right, X = Left, LB = Select, RB = Start.

and the D-Pad itself doesn't change anything, so apparently none of the 3DS Face buttons are mapped on my controller.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have everything installed and ran the 3dsx which exited cleanly, but when I run the PC client nothing on the 3DS reacts to any buttons.

I did set the IP in the PC client and see it reacting to buttons using the F4 debug info.

New 3DS XL system with the PC client running under Mono on a Linux computer

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have everything installed and ran the 3dsx which exited cleanly, but when I run the PC client nothing on the 3DS reacts to any buttons.

I did set the IP in the PC client and see it reacting to buttons using the F4 debug info.

New 3DS XL system with the PC client running under Mono on a Linux computer
double check IP on 3ds system. make sure you return to home menu and not reboot to home menu(should say and error has occurred). if still i guess i can install a linux vm and do some tests my self. maybe C# Sockets dont work on mono?

Nice, though with my Xbox One Controller when I tried to change the buttons I hit "A" and it set DPad Up as None, B = Down, Y = Right, X = Left, LB = Select, RB = Start.

and the D-Pad itself doesn't change anything, so apparently none of the 3DS Face buttons are mapped on my controller.
Only thing I can think of is that MonoGame is not compatible with the controller. not much I can do on my end if GamePad.GetState(Playerindex.One).Buttons.A reads the value for GamePad.GetState(Playerindex.One).DPad.Up I guess I can add a toggle to disable gamepad so xpadder and similar software can be used.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
double check IP on 3ds system. make sure you return to home menu and not reboot to home menu. if still i guess i can install a linux vm and do some tests my self. maybe C# Sockets dont work on mono?

EDIT: I just tried again (seventh try) and it started working. Hopefully it is not just a lucky connection and will constantly work in the future. I'll see over time if it is consistent.

I did triple check it, plus I always know it since I have it as reserved on the router. Yes I did exit HBL correctly.

Hopefully eventually this can be script-able to rig up a auto shiny hunter without soldering like the others use. Preferably using a Raspberry Pi, It would only need a non invasive light sensor taped to the system and software to stop the button pressing when it detects a shiny. Like this one

Last edited by shadowofdarkness,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Only thing I can think of is that MonoGame is not compatible with the controller. not much I can do on my end if GamePad.GetState(Playerindex.One).Buttons.A reads the value for GamePad.GetState(Playerindex.One).DPad.Up I guess I can add a toggle to disable gamepad so xpadder and similar software can be used.

I'll try my Xbox 360 pad and see if that works but a toggle would be nice since I would rather use the superior controller ;)

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After some testing it seems like I can only get it to start every sixth attempt. Then it works for a short time 1-5 minutes before the 3DS freezes up and no input works even the actual buttons on the system itself.

One nice thing is that I realized I can use xdotool to script it as is.

Last edited by shadowofdarkness,

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some testing it seems like I can only get it to start every sixth attempt. Then it works for a short time 1-5 minutes before the 3DS freezes up and no input works even the actual buttons on the system itself.

One nice thing is that I realized I can use xdotool to script it as is.
I just got a unbuntu vm running and it worked for me like 9/10 times. it failed first time and i think that was a bug i just discovered where the socket is still connected to the initial IP the program starts with.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a unbuntu vm running and it worked for me like 9/10 times. it failed first time and i think that was a bug i just discovered where the socket is still connected to the initial IP the program starts with.

Did you try playing any games for a few minutes to see if it stopped working.

For info I was playing Pokemon Omega Ruby with the PSS totally disabled which leaves the networking in the hands of the 3DS software and not the game (only good way to ntr stream soft reset attempts) although I didn't have ntr running during these attempts so it can't have any conflicts.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try playing any games for a few minutes to see if it stopped working.

For info I was playing Pokemon Omega Ruby with the PSS totally disabled which leaves the networking in the hands of the 3DS software and not the game (only good way to ntr stream soft reset attempts) although I didn't have ntr running during these attempts so it can't have any conflicts.
I know once in a while the input_proc gets CPU starved and is no longer able to receive new input and can even cause a old input to be stuck while this is going on, but it should recover. we tried to get the process running on the syscore but so far no luck. I am actually in the middle of making a NTR version that does away with the background process and only patches the hid, and using NTR debugger mode to send the inputs. it should be more stable since NTR doesn't have that problem.

Last edited by KazoWAR,
Reactions: DarkSynopsis

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know once in a while the input_proc gets CPU starved and is no longer able to receive new input and can even cause a old input to be stuck while this is going on, but it should recover. we tried to get the process running on the syscore but so far to luck. I am actually in the middle of making a NTR version that does away with the background process and only patches the hid, and using NTR debugger mode to send the inputs. it should be more stable since NTR doesn't have that problem.

A NTR version sounds nice. Maybe I didn't wait long enough when it froze next time I'll try longer, and I could also try the over clock settings for N3DS to see if that helps stop CPU starvation.

I'll try all that when I get home after work.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I am actually in the middle of making a NTR version that does away with the background process and only patches the hid, and using NTR debugger mode to send the inputs. it should be more stable since NTR doesn't have that problem.

Awesome, hopefully with NTR, booting into titles that take advantage of N3DS stuff will work :)

Got around to trying my 360 controller, even that appears to be mapped wrong according to the PC Client, odd, might have to try another PC.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte