Hacking Has anyone made, or has plans to compile a WBFS GUI?

frostyfrosty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering cause well i have a multi partition drive (saved 100 GB for media).

but ya i just noticed that Mplayer cant locate this other partition which sucks>.<

I DONT want to reformat the drive but if no one will make this GUI, i might have to =P

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Give the drive a letter under "Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management" if you are using Windows XP.

Then you can use any GUI as it will ask what drive letter you assigned to the partition for Wii Backups.

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
not 100% sure what you are asking there?

if you are asking if you can use a partioned drive, the the answer is yes.

I split my 1TB in half, and set the first half as unformaatted and a primary partition, the second half is ntfs

used a gui to format the first half to wbfs

the gui i used was from this thread

frostyfrosty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i HAD a dual partition drive, i know how to do this =P

i was just wondering if someone was planning on making a wbfs gui with multi partition support.

but ya i said fuck it and made a single partition, but for some reason none of the wbfs gui's can seem to get hold of the partition i made, not one.

its getting on my nerves>.< thinks its a vista prob?

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Give the drive a letter under "Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management" if you are using Windows XP.

Then you can use any GUI as it will ask what drive letter you assigned to the partition for Wii Backups.

What he said ^^

I don't think you guys understand how windows (and harddisks) work. There is the physical harddrive, there are partitions on said drive and then there are logical drives. When windows reads a harddrive with partitions in a format it doesn't recognize it doesn't assign them as logical drives (in other words it doesn't give that partition a drive letter) You can go into disk management and assign the partition a drive letter quite easily and then you assign the drive letter. A partition option isn't necessary because you should never deal with partitions in windows... only drive letters.

With that being said, I've never been given a straight answer as to which version of wbfs is the newest... delta (which doesn't have a partition option) or the other (which does).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.