Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5dujk2/psa_sumo_bans_still_rolling_out_caution_for_those/

Well, taking away online gameplay because they have been known to use the leaked game, which is violating Nintendo policy, is legal. They have already proved only hacked 3DS devices are the only devices able to obtain the leaked copies of the gamse. So, they are in the clear to give out bans.
Erhm... No, this guy played online BEFORE the release date.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok well that makes sense at least. still sucks tho :/ i guess the best thing to do is just not try until the there's enough information around
meh, it does sux to not be able to play online on my hax system, but glad i bought the physical copy since i can still play on my 11.2 console xD

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still correct that they received bans after release date. It's possible I'm not stating my thoughts correctly.

they got banned because they went online early. there doesn't seem to be any evidence that someone who didn't go online before the release date is getting banned. but what counts as online is my question :(

xyxa

Dokoro
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I am still correct that they received bans after release date. It's possible I'm not stating my thoughts correctly.
What if they simply didn't check if they were banned until today? Only Nintendo really knows the time at which they were banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, correct me if im wrong, i have a localfriendseed_B from a friend, i just need to inject it to my sysnand to remove the online ban right? i could care less for the eshop ban.
Yep, you're good2go after that.

Reactions: xavii123

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inb4 SM online is barren cuz NoJ banned everyone.
That's a really big pipe dream you got there. Don't forget European Sun/Moon still hasn't been released yet.

there doesn't seem to be any evidence that someone who didn't go online before the release date is getting banned.
The risk is still there for European players. I'm not sure about Japan and NA though. Also, I'm not confirming there is evidence.

Jaydebeste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Erhm... No, this guy played online BEFORE the release date.

What i'm saying is: right now there are no reports to people being banned by playing online AFTER the release date, the people who used it before the release date are still getting banned that i wont deny...
What I would like to make sure is that by using the .16 or .32 versions on an NTSC USA 3DS there is probably no reasons to get concerned about being banned by going online now right??

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i'm saying is: right now there are no reports to people being banned by playing online AFTER the release date, the people who used it before the release date are still getting banned that i wont deny...
What I would like to make sure is that by using the .16 or .32 versions on an NTSC USA 3DS there is probably no reasons to get concerned about being banned by going online now right??
Oh ok, again we don't really know. I'm really not explaining well by typing them.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there shouldn't be if you didn't play the early version online, or at all. what i wanna know if people getting banned are because they used wonder trade and the gts and just that, because i had wi-fi on, never went online but i used the festival plaza for some time but no online features and i'm not banned. but we don't know and i'm not gonna try to check if that's it :glare:

jsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be safe since I'm really paranoid, it won't matter if I go online using a legitimate copy with a game save from the old leaked version of the game right?

Jaydebeste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there shouldn't be if you didn't play the early version online, or at all. what i wanna know if people getting banned are because they used wonder trade and the gts and just that, because i had wi-fi on, never went online but i used the festival plaza for some time but no online features and i'm not banned. but we don't know and i'm not gonna try to check if that's it :glare:

If you did not select: YES when the game asks you if you want to go online than you should be alright
If you just went into the plaza but didn't get online in it then you should be fine.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did not select: YES when the game asks you if you want to go online than you should be alright
If you just went into the plaza but didn't get online in it then you should be fine.

i don't even remember if i said yes lol but you can go in to the plaza with wi-fi off so if you don't trade, battle, use the pc or do missions i think you're safe and it's like you didn't go online? but who knows. don't wanna risk it

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was explicitly mentioned reviewers playing the review copies should not by any chance touch the online features of the game.

Reactions: fodder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo