Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

lordnelson0405

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So is it pretty much confirmed that the only way to bypass the ban if by using a legit LFS generated by the console. I don't think the guy on twitter is using the Secureinfo_A to generate a unique LFS for everyone. It seems like he's merely editing the serial so it's XX serial/Same LFS for everyone he unbanned. Apparently the only way to have a new generated moveable.sed is to perform a system transfer, or extract it from a donor 3DS and inject into the current LFS. So we pretty much got nowhere in hindsight correct? Since we knew 12 hours ago using a donor (legit) LFS from a different moveable.sed generated by the console itself does unban.
Maybe we didn't make any progress. Maybe we did. Some of us unbaned ourselves without sacrificing a donor system. Of course we came in contact with a donor system by sys transfer, but both systems are working fine now. I'd call that progress.
Also, what exactly keeps us from sys transfering with hacked unbanned systems over and over again (yes, there is a week in between you have to wait everytime) to generate more and more localfriendseeds until every single one of us got unbanned?
Maybe that's how the twitter guy even did it.
He may found out how to generate the movable.sed like in sys transfer without doing a sys transfer.

I wouldn't give hopes up, really. Not after this really hopeful night.

Reactions: Majickhat55

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best part is that Showdown is updated already
oh shit really? checking that out right now. what about smogons tier list? i mean i could get another motherboard for 2ds for like $20 but im not sure what firmware it would be, and you have to solder the speakers

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
ok awesome.

i'm gonna do it. i'm nervous <3

so i just copy those lines from movable into LFCS and replace everything in LFCS and then re-inject using Decrypt9? my knees are weak and palms are sweaty. moms spaghetti and stuff.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I didn't buy any games yet, because the majority of my Wii I library is legit and that's as much cash Nintendo gets from me, unless the Switch and it's game will be reasonable priced for once. Pokebank always felt like a rip-off imo. So yeah, they aren't really hitting me but only themselves.

If they also ban my online access then i won't be able to play MH, which stings a bit but even that won't get me to buy a legit copy of the game. 15 days, sure why not. Might get me to consider buying games if their content was worth it to me (pokemon isn't) but permanent crosses that tiny line from reasonable like excluding specific game access on the Wii U when people cheated and batshit crazy throwing a tantrum like a child.

I mean if it's your first time offence then I hope it's temp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: xyxa

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh shit really? checking that out right now. what about smogons tier list? i mean i could get another motherboard for 2ds for like $20 but im not sure what firmware it would be, and you have to solder the speakers
Not sure, last time I checked you had to play Gen 7 anything goes, pretty fun. Make sure to enable "use modern sprites for past generations" in showdown so you see sprites for gen 7 mons

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well personally, through process of elimination I'm not going to believe enMTW can generate legal LFS unless he proves it (not likely since he said himself he was testing for bans and it's confirmed at least 3 people received identical LFS files). The only thing I find weird is that some people he unbanned claimed the 022 error was gone as well, but I'm raising my eyebrow on that one since he asked for only two files, and users here that got rid of 001/002 with the same files are still getting 022. So until he proves us wrong anyway, that's what I'm assuming. INB4 "I was testing a ban, I need more time to release publicly" ergo (I've been giving people my own 3DS donor file and really can't generate a thing, I'm stalling to see if I can actually figure out how to generate a legit LFS before I think about posting mine publicly) Hence the ban tests.

Reactions: fodder

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know jack about the 3ds internals, so forgive me if this is stupid, but pbanj (hardmodder) from the 3ds hacking discord once told me something. I was helping someone restore a NAND backup along with the matching sd card backup and the main problem was the person's sd card died, so he had to use a new one. Pbanj warrned to restore the matching nintendo 3ds folder before loading the home menu and said that if one isnt detected on a new or freshly formatted card, it could alter the moveable.sed and prevent the original nintendo 3ds backup from working. Again, sorry if I'm way off, I know nothing about this stuff, but could a new / formatted sd on a restored / formatted NAND possibly regen the file like we need?

Reactions: xyxa

Jhayym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe we didn't make any progress. Maybe we did. Some of us unbaned ourselves without sacrificing a donor system. Of course we came in contact with a donor system by sys transfer, but both systems are working fine now. I'd call that progress.
Also, what exactly keeps us from sys transfering with hacked unbanned systems over and over again (yes, there is a week in between you have to wait everytime) to generate more and more localfriendseeds until every single one of us got unbanned?
Maybe that's how the twitter guy even did it.
He may found out how to generate the movable.sed like in sys transfer without doing a sys transfer.

I wouldn't give hopes up, really. Not after this really hopeful night.

movable only has one value and thats the donor 3ds's value. It cannot be regenerated. Its pretty much the same as the LFC file from donor ds as it has the same value. You still sacrificed it as you got the LFC value of donor ds through movable

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
movable only has one value and thats the donor 3ds's value. It cannot be regenerated. Its pretty much the same as the LFC file from donor ds as it has the same value. You still sacrificed it as you got the LFC value of donor ds through movable
But what I'm wondering is, once you do a system transfer and your original movable.sed/LFCS is transferred, does it gen a new one?

I don't see why it shouldn't, if it didn't there'd be duplicate LFCS's online when both original system and transferee were online

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I restored my old nand.... and a9lh was taken off it..... FFS!

Can't continue until I get home. Fucking DAMNIT.
should've generated a xorpad instead or chose the "NAND restore keep A9LH" option ;)
rip

Reactions: Majickhat55
D

Deleted User

I restored my old nand.... and a9lh was taken off it..... FFS!

Can't continue until I get home. Fucking DAMNIT.

D

Deleted User

But what I'm wondering is, once you do a system transfer and your original movable.sed/LFCS is transferred, does it gen a new one?

I don't see why it shouldn't, if it didn't there'd be duplicate LFCS's online when both original system and transferee were online

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

should've generated a xorpad instead or chose the "NAND restore keep A9LH" option ;)
rip
Didn't see an option like that.
I'm really pissed off. Now I gotta either solder to the board or do it through BrowserHax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?