Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

JVG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to note someone who bought the game legally; got banned for playing the game; its in the Reddit thread regarding the ban, this has got to be a temp ban
Which error codes do you get? 022-2812 for eShop and 002-0102 for in-game internet features?

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean now that fucking kotaku (may they forever burn in hell) told everyone that people are contemplating "buying a system, extracting the files, and returning it" I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people go that route
Big no no. Especially if you did that at GameStop. Return it. Person buys a refurbished console and it is banned. Big no no.

Reactions: Deleted User

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the crime so I'm doing the time I enjoyed my piece of the pie shout out lurantis
Same here, cheers! I don't even know if I'm banned actually, I don't go online on my 3DS almost ever.
But that's just a testament to how toothless of a punishment this is to me, if I was banned.
If it's temp then I'll never know if I was banned.

Reactions: Deleted User

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, most bans in the past have been temporary. Only people unbanning themselves and repeatedly getting re-banned have been perma-banned in the past. Don't let that get your hopes up though, we still don't know about this one. The way Nintendo was talking.... I'm not so sure this is a temp ban. =/
This i.i.isss my first time senpai

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
"Immediately" does not mean the same as "Indefinitely" while they can sound quite similar. Ninty did that probs to slow down those playing the game already for the sake of fairness with the legit players who only can play the game after 18th. So 2 weeks is enough for that.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Big no no. Especially if you did that at GameStop. Return it. Person buys a refurbished console and it is banned. Big no no.

I mean it's an incredibly horrible thing to do but people ARE going to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if someone went and harvested a bunch of files for resale if these bans turn out to be perm

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I didn't play from the leaked CIA's I just been reading these reports all day and been coming to my own answers
'
I personally think Nintendo took anyones consoles off line who played the game early to the release date

I think it's as simple as:
1. this titleID is online, ONLINE BANN
2. this titleID pair with this illegal Seed, ESHOP BANNNNN

I'm wondering if anyone didn't inject fake seed, and didn't get eshop banned as a result?

JVG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks dewd! B) Just gotta wait two weeks now...

Are people getting that other error code? Don't the codes determine whether one is perma or temp banned?
I'm getting both 022-2812 (eShop) and 002-0102 (in-game, tested on Pokemon X). This is my first time ever being banned. I wondertraded maybe 3 times in a row, haven't been online since. (except to check ban)

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note; I think from what I read this is complete auto-banning

They didn't verify Cart Codes; the fact that the ban type depends on how your logged in; plus even though I haven't played the game; I have had them preloaded from ciangel and i'm not banned
Sorry, but Nintendo released a statement saying:

“As a result of a number of Nintendo 3DS users using unauthorized versions of several games, and connecting to the official game servers in violation of our terms of service, these users’ Nintendo 3DS systems that stored the unauthorized game code have been banned from Nintendo’s online network effective immediately.”

This is VERY intentional on their part. This is also why I don't think this is a temp ban. We will see in time, though.

Reactions: gamefan5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.