Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

kwhite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we've got the small bypasses... I just want an official statement so I know whether to buy a mew 3ds on black friday or not.
Have you considered just buying a new 3ds motherboard and swapping it out? That route seems much cheaper than buying an entirely new 3ds.

Reactions: Majickhat55

JVG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we've got the small bypasses... I just want an official statement so I know whether to buy a mew 3ds on black friday or not.
Buy it and keep it sealed. Return or sell it if it's a temp ban or if a fix is found

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I extract localfriendcodeseed_B from a 3DS and inject it on another banned 3ds, the first is gonna lose online? Don't understand the consequences of this method on both consoles.

Acraeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the temp ram editing bypass posted by PF2M on my N3DSXL and I'm able to go through with a system transfer what would happen if I actually went through with it to a newly bought N3DSXL?

Last edited by Acraeus,

JVG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the ram editing bypass posted by PF2M on my N3DSXL and I'm able to go through with a system transfer what would happen if I actually went through with it to a newly bought N3DSXL?
Can you link to the bypass

BingBong23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copied from other thread:

I have pre-ordered Pokemon Moon but my boyfriend has a hacked console so he's got the chance to play the game early. He got the game a week ago. He went online a couple of time especially after checking out the festival plaza. He even deposited a pokemon through the GTS once and let it sit there for three days and only got traded an hour ago. This morning, he went to the eshop to check the new Harvest Moon release and he went on to read the pre-order Pokemon Sun and Moon's Snorlax's description, he then exited and tried to play the game but he's unable to play it with a marquee note on the bottom of the 3DS screen saying something like "Distribution Notification: The scheduled release date for the purchased item has passed. Launch this software while connected to the internet to check distribution information". He called his brother in law who lives in the US who has pre-purchased the game and he has the same message. He told my boyfriend to wait at least after 12 AM EST on November 18th to start using the game. I will update about in a couple of hour.

Update1: He's able to use the eshop again after rebooting the console. I read on FB, some banned users unable (as in no online featurea allowed) to use the game after rebooting.

Update2: My boyfriend is contemplating to delete NNID and make a new one while he still can but not sure if he should wait until pass 12 am EST and risk of getting ban. Any advice on this?

magpte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've been working on extracting a localfriendcodesseed_B from a NAND backup without the original hardware, I've made a lot of progress so far but I need to know how to do something...

Is it possible to format an emunand on an SD card that is O3DS-sized, but doing it on a N3DS? I only have a N3DS right now but my backup is O3DS, and Emunand9 only seems to format it N3DS-sized, so I can't do anything with the backup.
I'd like to format the SD card into a O3DS-sized emunand, without an actual O3DS on hand... if this isn't possible then I'm stuck, but basically:

1. Format an SD card to emunand
2. Import your NAND backup from a different and unbanned system into it
3. This will brick your emunand, but
4. Load Decrypt9 and extract LocalFriendCodesSeed_B from emunand

It worked for my N3DS backup.

May I know if there is a way to extract the NAND.BIN as I had a brick 3ds which the backup of NAND is still in my hard drive.

D

Deleted User

I will list the things that I've done.

Save in game.
Deleted Secure Value.
Imported save.

I didn't stop at languages, I made sure to save in game. The save file still works, it will open in PKHex and I can still edit it. I even deleted extra data. I have both Sun and Moon installed if that is a indication of anything. Both from Eshop.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, don't start a new game an save, you don't need to save to initialize save data. You just need to start the game. So, erase all your save data from the game, load it until you can wake up you don't need to save. Then try to import your save after exporting it through PKHeX again and use Save DataFiler to restore it after deleting the secure data value with R+X (I think that's the combo, it tells you either way). If not, send me your save and I'll try to inject it into my game, save through the game, export it myself, then send it back to you.

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually he might be able to make money if he ends up not needing it and just hawking it on eBay.

Honestly if I buy a new one, I'll probably give my old one to my mom since all she uses her current 3DS for is ACNL and HHD. (Yeah, she's 41 and plays animal crossing.) She doesn't go online anyway. I was planning on buying a used 2DS for my GF but I mean I'll shell out $20 extra for the black N3DS. I wanted the black one anyway, the White 3DS is literally the only non-black electronic device I own.

That being said, I make under $8/hr, and do a lot of driving. $100 ain't cheap to me.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Save in game.
Deleted Secure Value.
Imported save.

I didn't stop at languages, I made sure to save in game. The save file still works, it will open in PKHex and I can still edit it. I even deleted extra data. I have both Sun and Moon installed if that is a indication of anything. Both from Eshop.
If you are using the latest jksm, you don't need to delete the secure value. You just backup the save file, start the new copy, save the game, and then inject the save file from the backup. Jksm does everything with the secure value automatically

Reactions: fodder

kwhite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copied from other thread:

I have pre-ordered Pokemon Moon but my boyfriend has a hacked console so he's got the chance to play the game early. He got the game a week ago. He went online a couple of time especially after checking out the festival plaza. He even deposited a pokemon through the GTS once and let it sit there for three days and only got traded an hour ago. This morning, he went to the eshop to check the new Harvest Moon release and he went on to read the pre-order Pokemon Sun and Moon's Snorlax's description, he then exited and tried to play the game but he's unable to play it with a marquee note on the bottom of the 3DS screen saying something like "Distribution Notification: The scheduled release date for the purchased item has passed. Launch this software while connected to the internet to check distribution information". He called his brother in law who lives in the US who has pre-purchased the game and he has the same message. He told my boyfriend to wait at least after 12 AM EST on November 18th to start using the game. I will update about in a couple of hour.

Update1: He's able to use the eshop again after rebooting the console. I read on FB, some banned users unable (as in no online featurea allowed) to use the game after rebooting.

Update2: My boyfriend is contemplating to delete NNID and make a new one while he still can but not sure if he should wait until pass 12 am EST and risk of getting ban. Any advice on this?

...Did you boyfriend's brother-in-law hack his console as well? It could be just the regular eShop post-release wonkiness. It actually sounds like he miraculously managed to miss the ban wave.

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Save in game.
Deleted Secure Value.
Imported save.

What did you back up the save with JK's Save Manager? I've had no problems with it and was able to import my Lurantis save into Sun just fine, maybe yours did get corrupted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its a temp ban don't freak out this error code has happed before when people played a game online early and it expires in 15 days
don't get people's hopes up

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a temp ban don't freak out this error code has happed before when people played a game online early and it expires in 15 days
Yeah but it's never been for a major banwave for a flagship title before release. There are WAY too many variables involved to assume this is like every other case.

Reactions: fodder and kwhite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol