Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VErsion number has nothing to do with anything.... The cart is ver 0, hence why the CIA is. Only the eShop versions have version numbers because of the seed import. It's still the EXACT same game, header, files etc etc. (CIAs use your console's header, carts use the cartridge's that is how people were caught plain and simple after pinging the server)

Reactions: Gon Freecss
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you didn't "trigger" the ban or anything like that, you were blacklisted to be banned just like everyone else, it just took a minute to get to you. :D

It's ironic that you're being so boisterous in your replies and act knowledgeable but were still one of the idiots who decided it would be a smart idea to connect to Nintendo's servers on a yet-to-be-released game. Then deceived customer service to get away with your remarkably unintelligent decision.

Gon Freecss

Mumble > Discord
Trophies
Website
signal.org
XP
Country
Venezuela
Plus the delightful despair of knowing a ban is probably permanent is pretty nice to be honest. I felt the same despair when all my botted Pokemon Go accounts got banned. I make a decent sum of cash a day (~$145), and have no real expenses, so I just bought a new 3ds and have since dismissed my old one as a likely brick.

If you are really paranoid, and really worried, then do it. There is value in having a calm mind.
I don't care about version number, just wanted to be sure.

Tentacles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know man! Even Skankhunt42 had to delete everything to avoid being caught. Also, I don't think you understand what I meant. I wasn't trying to imply that they'd ban your save. More-so that if your save has information for instance saying that it was started at a date before the official release. If you potentially go online with that, they could potentially flag that save for illegitimacy.
Saves go by your 3ds internal clock so it's very unlikely.

Dogmj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I just deleted title and ticket of pokemon sun cia using FBI, backed up my saves using JKSM and currently downloading Pokémon Sun from freeshop. After that I can simply import the save using JKSM or there is anything else to do before this?
Thanks a lot guys!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's ironic that you're being so boisterous in your replies and act knowledgeable but were still one of the idiots who decided it would be a smart idea to connect to Nintendo's servers on a yet-to-be-released game. Then deceived customer service to get away with your remarkably unintelligent decision.
I'm not at all acting excited or lively at the fact people got banned. Yeah I did too, never said I was perfect. I'm just trying to help people understand unnecessary worry dude. Never did I act pretentious or "Spirited" about anything. I gave him a happy face, because he may not get banned. Go somewhere.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just deleted title and ticket of pokemon sun cia using FBI, backed up my saves using JKSM and currently downloading Pokémon Sun from freeshop. After that I can simply import the save using JKSM or there is anything else to do before this?
Thanks a lot guys!
Just need to make a new save once with the new cia, so that jksm can import properly.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALso just because it happened to me too (Which I knew it would, hence using a second DS) doesn't mean I don't understand how it happened and can use that to help others. Why are you so cynical? It's not irony at all considering I never expressed any ignorance regarding getting banned for playing early. Anyone who didn't know it there was a chance if full of crap.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

zakio0403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
ALso just because it happened to me too (Which I knew it would, hence using a second DS) doesn't mean I don't understand how it happened and can use that to help others. Why are you so cynical? It's not irony at all considering I never expressed any ignorance regarding getting banned for playing early. Anyone who didn't know it there was a chance if full of crap.
i think pple can bypass that by reading the packages that the 3ds send to nintendo with wireshark or something like that, i'd test that but i don't have linux or an own net (my neightboard one)

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, they can't ban your save Lol. Not to mention it can be edited anyway. Do you guys think Nintendo can see into your soul too? Lol
Yes they can. It's not hard for their server to check some data on our save (which they probably have done so ever since). There's always a chance, remember that. You do all of those at your own risks.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they can. It's not hard for their server to check some data on our save (which they probably have done so ever since). There's always a chance, remember that. You do all of those at your own risks.
They only check your save with GameSync, not when you ping the server. it doesn't automatically send your save data, you have to do it. Even then people who clearly hack, don't get banned for using cheats, it's not illegal. And a start date is no evidence of anything since it's tied to your DS internal clock which can be set manually to any date. Not to mention activity log and be erased completely, or edited so that won't matter either.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

kwhite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure saves go to the GF servers (that's how they do game sync after all), so no, Ninty doesn't directly check saves. That's not to say GF wouldn't flag something themselves and pass it on to Ninty. Lucky for everyone here, the Gamesync servers are down till who knows when, so there's still time to change save info if you so choose.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

There are console unique id's saved into the save file, these are used when you go online, but there is nothing that nintendo could check to identify illegal roms.
The fact, that even reviewers got banned for playing online, should be enough evidence, that it has nothing todo with the cia.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure saves go to the GF servers (that's how they do game sync after all), so no, Ninty doesn't directly check saves. That's not to say GF wouldn't flag something themselves and pass it on to Ninty. Lucky for everyone here, the Gamesync servers are down till who knows when, so there's still time to change save info if you so choose.

What is GF?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this ban didn't happen, there wouldn't be fearmongering like what's on display. Someone messaged me elsewhere worried that just genning on Sun/Moon would get me banned. Sigh.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1