Hardware Has anybody traded their psp phat for a new psp?

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Well GameStop/EB had an online coupon you could print out in order to get an extra $20 trade in credit. You would originally get $60 but with the coupon that would make it $80 but unfortuantely it expired a few days ago. I know that Game Crazy will give you $70 and at FYE's it'd be $60. Of course this is in my area, dunno if it'd be the same for you.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Considering how little money EB would give, I'd say you'd be better off selling it on ebay. You'd probably get at least $100 depending on the condition of the system.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had a look at both old and new PSP and think the old one's manufactured better. Just look at the UMD slot of the new one!

Trading in for no real 'upgrade' seems a stupid thing to do, imo.

TheNeck

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had a look at both old and new PSP and think the old one's manufactured better. Just look at the UMD slot of the new one!

Trading in for no real 'upgrade' seems a stupid thing to do, imo.

Yes you are right the umd slot sucks on the new psp, but I like the tv out in component aspect of the new psp, and would like to have both the phat and new psp just to have them
biggrin.gif
. Both me and my daughter have a psp, M33-4, but my daughter doesnt play her psp that much anymore, so i was thinking about trading it for a new one, thats all.

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like the new UMD slot. It's very simplistic, though it does look a bit flimsy. But I rarely use UMD's anyway so it doesn't really concern me.

I bought a slim but still kept my original since I installed a nice custom faceplate and buttons on it, and modded the dpad so it performs just as well as a ps2 dpad for fighting games. Also because I still have a ton of money left over from working all summer long. =\

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
^yeah same. I actually like the new UMD slot as well. It's a lot less clunky. Some people complain about it but I honestly have no problem.

Had my slim for over a week now, it's going great
smile.gif

TheNeck

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the new UMD slot. It's very simplistic, though it does look a bit flimsy. But I rarely use UMD's anyway so it doesn't really concern me.

I bought a slim but still kept my original since I installed a nice custom faceplate and buttons on it, and modded the dpad so it performs just as well as a ps2 dpad for fighting games. Also because I still have a ton of money left over from working all summer long. =\

how exactly did you mod your psp phat dpad to make it perform as well as a ps2 game pad?

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I kinda followed this method:
http://www.ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/.../pspdpadfix.htm

except instead of cutting out a cross, I used layers (about 3-4) of hole-punched masking tape and placed them on the 4 ends of the inside of the dpad. I also had an Asterix dpad that was slightly larger than the standard one and replaced the rubber part of the dpad as well (I'm not sure that helped, but I read that it improved sensitivity as well, and mine were dirty as hell anyways).

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded and installed DA's firmware, threw on a SNES emulator and had two games I think and sold mine for $180 about 5 months ago. So ebay would probably be your best bet...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F