Gaming Has anybody here played Chrono Cross on their PSP?

dib

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Changing from disk one to two has become a problem. I was comfortably playing the game with the ID set to SCUS94640 per the compatibility list, but the game refuses to accept disk 2 and I'm assuming it's because the ID is different.

I figured the solution would be to make a multi disk PBP but leave the ID intact, then just play long enough to change disks and save (the game wouldn't freeze as long as I stay out of battle).

I changed the directory ID to SLUS01041. Then loaded the save file in my hex editor, and it was already set to the same ID. Not sure why that is. But the game only gives an error stating 'the game could not be started'. It will load fine if I delete the save directory, so I'm not sure what to do to get around this.

saburota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I created my multidisc eboot, I used Syphon Filter 3's game ID. Not sure of the exact ID. Also used Impaler on mine. Using that ID, nothing froze up at all. This may be old news and not worth anything now, but just hoping my idea maybe of some use.

dib

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did make a multi disk in the first place. But I changed the game IDs to SCUS94640 so it wouldn't freeze.

I am using PSX2PSP. I also have PopstationGUI but couldn't find any way to make a multidisk.

dib

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got it working. I figured out if I copy config.bin, icon0.png and param.sfo from a save created with the unedited ID, then it won't treat my file as corrupt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0