• Start date
  • Views 8,577
  • Replies 48
S

scubersteve

OP
I am fucking pissed.
I can't even play as a dude anymore?
And HMc seems to be the best one so far (plays and looks like FoMT, and added some minigames).
And it has connectivity powers with the Mineral Town games.
THE ONLY GBA GAMES I BOUGHT! (next to golden sun)

I'll probobly end up playing it anyways >.<
Anyone else have thoughts about this game?

EDIT:
Wait.
It seems I'm being a total dumbass.
Yep, it's exactly the case.
Don't mind me.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
woah there man, this IS the GIRL version of Harvest Moon DS.. just like Harvest Moon - Friends of Mineral Town (male) had Harvest Moon - More Friends of Mineral Town (female) as its counter part. Same with the GC Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life(male) (i believe it was) and Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life(female) I dont see why ya need to be upset over a girl version coming out for the after having the boy version out for so ling

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate topics that are so sexist
thats like me complaining about playing as a boy in final fantasy
or in phoenix wright
or in the manymanymany games i could list that have the main character as a boy
i dont get "fucking pissed" because of the sex of the character
why should you?

S

scubersteve

OP
tinymonkeyt said:
i hate topics that are so sexist
thats like me complaining about playing as a boy in final fantasy
or in phoenix wright
or in the manymanymany games i could list that have the main character as a boy
i dont get "fucking pissed" because of the sex of the character
why should you?
yeah, but this is a life/farm sim.
besides, READ MY EDITED POST!

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, there are at least 2, if not 3, Harvest Moon titles getting an English-language release this year, besides Cute ... the island one, another HM themed puzzler, and Rune Factory 2 ... so, there will be plenty of HM shenanigans for all of us
smile.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Harvest Moon DS Cute is essentially the original Harvest Moon DS, just with a girl character, a few bug fixes, and a few new little features.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hate these games with a passion. Is it really that hard for them to include both genders in the same game? Because my mom will buy the first one. Then buy the second one so she can play as a girl.

Especially with this kind of marketing bull crap:
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature on PS1 ported to Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town on GBA then switch the genders for Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town on GBA.
That's the same freaking game boughten THREE times.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
jumpman17 said:
I hate these games with a passion. Is it really that hard for them to include both genders in the same game? Because my mom will buy the first one. Then buy the second one so she can play as a girl.

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature on PS1 ported to Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town on GBA then switch the genders for Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town on GBA.

Yeah, it pisses me off too.
Same thing with the Pokemon games.

C'mon Nintendo, do you really have to release two games that are essentially the same except a couple of small features?

Just little money-hungry bitches they are; yay for flashcarts.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jumpman17 said:

Get your mom a flashcart.

S

scubersteve

OP
jumpman17 said:

MFoMT was more of a small upgrade, rather than JUST a gender change...

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Differences from Boy's Version

While the biggest difference between the two games is the player's gender, there are also a few minor changes in the For Girl version. Unlike the regular version, it is possible to change the color of your character's clothing. Players may also choose to change the appearance of their house, by selecting one of six different wallpaper/carpet combinations for the interior. The player will be able to select between one of two characters to represent them in the game: The blonde "Claire" from the original Harvest Moon for Girls and from More Friends of Mineral Town or the pony-tailed brunette "Pony" from Another Wonderful Life. The character is determined by questions asked at the start of the game, much like the Animal Crossing series. You can also buy new sets of clothing and wallpaper over the phone. There is now the option to have either a male or female child at random. Some extra in-game events were also added

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm waiting for this already , my mom will be happy. Although Europe gets ripped of more.

HM Magical melody has both genders in the USA Gamecube version ...
Europe got a shit ass Wii version with only male gender and a couple of missing features.
Pretty good huh ?
rolleyes.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Harvest Moon DS fails big time.
FoMT is a LOT better
tongue.gif

I've also found Magical Melody to be pretty good... Now I'm waiting for Shining Sun and Friends.

Rune Factory was a bit of a let down... Like Innocent Life.

Let's hope that the english version of Island of Happiness will be good, as I wasn't fully convinced when I played the japanese one... You could do lots of money by just shipping the sea weeds you found on the sea river
dry.gif

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HM DS is the worst HM to exist, tap-dancing away with the reward previously owned by "A Wonderful Life". Ironic, that.

Rune Factory was a good spin-off, but I can see why some HM core fans (read: idiots) would be turned off by it.

Meanwhile, I'll be playing Kira Kira Taiyou to Nakama Tachi until Island of Happiness comes out in English, because it's a proper HM on the DS and its fucking good. It's not GBC3 good, but then nothing is.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scubersteve said:
It seems I'm being a total dumbass.
QFT

How about a guy version of Tomb Raider?

The only problem I have with there only being single sex version of HM games is that it's just ripping off customers when there is no need. Just ignore this release and wait for the next one which apparently ain't no good either.

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deletable_Man said:
HM DS is the worst HM to exist, tap-dancing away with the reward previously owned by "A Wonderful Life". Ironic, that.

Rune Factory was a good spin-off, but I can see why some HM core fans (read: idiots) would be turned off by it.

Meanwhile, I'll be playing Kira Kira Taiyou to Nakama Tachi until Island of Happiness comes out in English, because it's a proper HM on the DS and its fucking good. It's not GBC3 good, but then nothing is.

I'm a Harvest Moon fan and I hate HM DS, mainly because I have "A Wonderful Life" and on HM DS those characters become robotic along with your children. I happened to like Rune Factory, until my save file got corrupted :/. I might play HM Cute though, just so I can marry Karen for the ump-teenth
tongue.gif
(boy version you got married then the game ended).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-