"Harmony of Despair" -Konami trademark

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Konami has registered a new trademark name called "Harmony of Despair". I'm going to go out on a limb and say it sounds VERY much like a perfect title for a Castlevania game. Very similar to Harmony of Dissonance on GBA in fact. It doesn't 100% confirm it IS a Castlevania game, but i will say that the chances of it being on are up in the 80-90 percent range. It's by Konami and is IGA's naming style. That's all we have for now though. Lords of Shadows is coming to PS3/360 but IGA isn't involved in that game, so it's probably high time we saw another game from him.

IF it is indeed a new Castlevania game, what platform could it be for? DS? Or perhaps the new 3DS, and it will be unveiled at E3 as a launch title for the system? Or maybe even for another system... Who knows. I'm going to go ahead and say the odds of this not being a Castlevania game are very slim though. It should be noted that a similar trademark appeared for Order of Ecclesia just a few months before it was shown off at E3 as well, so that puts this very high on probability. That's all the info we have so far though, so make of it what you want.
tongue.gif

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/04/15/harmo...stlevania-game/

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Castlevania is never too old (except that these SOTN styled games are becoming really generic). Let's see what we'll be getting this time.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping for more games with Dawn of Sorrow/Aria of Sorrow - the ones where Soma could use enemies' souls as bullet-type, guardian-type, and enchant-type. It doesn't necessarily have to be Soma, but to have another character with the power of domination would be awesome.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if this really is a new CV game. I'm a fan of the series, and have enjoyed all of them except Circle of the Moon and Lament of Innocence (Haven't played Curse of Darkness nor any of the other retconned games yet). I haven't beaten Harmony and Aria yet, but they were good from what I remembered.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite the name, it could also be of another series. Either we wait till E3, screenshots, videos, or some word from Konami on weather this is a Castlevania game before deciding it's 90+% a Castlevania game. I will anyway.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm if this is indeed another Castlevania game then that makes 2 new games in the series to look forward to with Castlevania:Lords of Shadow coming out for PS3/Xbox360 i just hope this is a DS game not Wii too many bad Wii games...

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DeMoN said:
Or it could be the new "taboo" game that Kojima is working on: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6258116.html?...op%3Btitle%3B11

I doubt it's another DS Castlevania. As much as I want one, I think that they think they made enough of those already.
I really doubt it. This name screams Castlevania. And that taboo game has mechas on it, it's probably a new Zone of Enders.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I hope it's a sequel to harmony of dissonance... sounds like it could be (just like dawn of sorrow was a sequel to aria of sorrow)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
f this were a Castlevania game, I highly doubt it will be a direct sequel to Harmony of Dissonance, which is easily considered the worst out of the five Igarashi Castlevania handheld games. And no one really like the characters or the story much, so there's no reason for there to be a sequel. Plus, does the year 1999 ring any bells? This could be that game, which is something the fans have been waiting for for a long time.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it'll be a sequel to it either, but it carries on the naming tradition with music references, started with Symphony of the Night.

Personally, i wouldn't mind seeing that elusive 1999 game. It's become sort of the unofficial "holy grail" of the Castlevania fanbase. I won't spoil why due to the reasons being clear spoiler material explained in Aria and Dawn of Sorrow, but i will say that it would probably mean we'd be playing as an already known Belmont character and we'd see the "final end" of another main character.
tongue.gif

I hope we do get to play as another Belmont again though. I miss wielding the whip and am tired of playing as non-Belmonts.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably have the story of 1999 on Wii, because it has a larger amount of space than handheld games.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
I think it's either a remake or a sequel to Harmony Of Dissonance
Yes please
smile.gif
It's too early for a remake seeing as the DS can still run the original but HOD was my favourite so a sequel would do me just fine. That said I still need to finish OOE, I'm stuck on a boss 2 hours in which is just pathetic :S

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
it has been quite some time since the last Castlevania release, mostly seems like a newer console title since now ppl would be thinking about shifting to the 3DS and that the break has been broken by a newer console, newer idea

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I hope we do get to play as another Belmont again though. I miss wielding the whip and am tired of playing as non-Belmonts.

I agree! More whips and chains please! XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro