Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If anyone can answer this then i'd appreciate it, i couldn't find a direct answer online, and im sure someone here has done this before, but does a hardware reset i.e :

1. Turn your PS3 off (standby mode)
2. Flip the switch on the back.
3. With your finger already on the front power button flip on the switch in the back and hold it down until you hear 2 beeps.

delete all my data on the HDD on the PS3 ?

As in will everything i have saved, downloaded etc get deleted ? (also i have a slim so there is no flip switching, so what do i do, take out the power cord ?)

Im facing the 80029564 error whenever i tried installing anything i download (everything is getting corrupt that is) and i was advised to do this

Anyway will doing that erase everything on my Hard drive ?

Thanks.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
there are 2 types of boot Resets

one
"video reset"
http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1039

the other is the recover menu(safemode)
http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1488

there is also a Restore PS3 System option
QUOTE said:
Also, do not confuse [Restore Default Settings] with the [Restore PS3 System] option (the next option down on the menu). The [Restore PS3 System] will not only restore the default settings, but it will also delete all hard disk content. (You will lose all saved content from your PS3 system's hard drive if you use [Restore PS3 System].)

as for the error 80029564
are you on 3.66 (or the Latest ofw for the ps3)
are you getting the file form the PSN
is you connection good
wifi or wired?

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for all the replies
happy.gif

Yes im on 3.66, getting the file directly from PSN, my connection is quite crap, and the cnxn is wired

regardless, this is only happening when i try to download the god damn Escalation Map Pack for blackops, a quick google will show that many many people have this

i tried downloading something else, no problem. I downloaded the first map pack (1.6GB) no problem. I downloaded fat princess, castle crashers, Tetris, no problems , so i can rule out its anything due to the Pee S 3.

2 emails to tech "support" of Sony (and each demanding a refund) - their reply " We advise using a different modem and possible another ISP"

seriously what is this shit.

QUOTE said:
Restore File System - Attempts to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered.

If my English is correct, that means that ONLY corrupt data will only be deleted (if any) everything else should stay the same no ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night