Hardmod question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by VividSquirrel, Nov 9, 2016.

1. VividSquirrel
    OP

VividSquirrel Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    United States
    Okay guys I have a N3DS with 11.2 installed and am planning on doing a hardmod but have a few questions. One can I use the sd card port on my laptop instead of an adapter? Also could I possibly connect the wires to the board just long enough to do the dump and flash without actually soldering to the board? I would rather do it this way instead of soldering to the board itself. I have done this in the past with a couple projects by using a small piece of electrical tape to hold the connection just long enough to pull data.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    1: maybe. Not all adapters are compatible with the different flash chips used in different consoles, yours may or may not

2: in theory it's possible, but honestly I wouldn't trust it to hold for the 20 minutes or so of making multiple dumps and ensuring they match...

3. CoolAlpha

CoolAlpha GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2015
    You just need to make the contact with the board but since the points are so small I doubt that you'll be able to dump without soldering

4. elBenyo

elBenyo Wad of meat.

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    If your SD slot can use Win32diskimager with normal SD cards it will work.

5. VividSquirrel
    OP

VividSquirrel Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    United States
    Thanks guys. Ill try it later and let you guys know how it worked. Also if I do have to solder and remove it will it be noticeable on the board?