Hacking Hardmod looking to downgrade to 3.2

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got my Wii back in the summer I immediately installed the Homebrew Channel and ordered a modchip and Wiiclip combo. Since then, other than installing the occasional wad, I have been reluctant to mess with my setup because everything works perfectly, with the exception of loading custom discs or trucha signed games, although that can be bypassed with gecko.

I'm currently on firmware 3.3, but my system menu does not designate whether it is version 1 or 2. I'd like to downgrade to 3.2 to bypass the need for gecko when loading custom Guitar Hero discs and to install Starfall to recover from any future problems.

I've searched on this forum and read a few tutorials, but am confused about what I should do. My concerns are that I've already installed some of the components mentioned in the threads. For example, when my Wii Shop Channel would not work, I installed the fix. I see this mentioned in the tutorials and wondered if I would have to do this again or if I've already done this would it mess things up because it's out of sequence.

I also tried to follow the October 23 Wii Fix sticky but could not tell if I was supposed to follow the Wii Fix Guide or the Downgrading / Upgrading Guide. I began with the latter but when I tried to load the supplied Firmware Downgrader through the Homebrew Channel the Wii would reset without launching the program. That was enough to scare me away and not wanting to take any chances, I decided to post here before going any further with something I know very little about.

Could someone please confirm the proper steps for me to downgrade my setup without losing any of my current functionality and without installing any permanent changes. I don't desire to do anything other than downgrade my official firmware, as I have no need for backup launchers with my hardmod. Is there a simple program to do so, and am I referencing the correct guide with the October 23 sticky to do what I wish?

D

Deleted User

Search 3.1-3.4 Twilight all-in-one

It's a guide by EmperorofCanada. A very nice guide for people like us!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
afif95 said:
Search 3.1-3.4 Twilight all-in-one

It's a guide by EmperorofCanada. A very nice guide for people like us!
You can find it in the "essential threat of guides" sticky
wink.gif

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
kid sampson said:
When I got my Wii back in the summer I immediately installed the Homebrew Channel and ordered a modchip and Wiiclip combo. Since then, other than installing the occasional wad, I have been reluctant to mess with my setup because everything works perfectly, with the exception of loading custom discs or trucha signed games, although that can be bypassed with gecko.

I'm currently on firmware 3.3, but my system menu does not designate whether it is version 1 or 2. I'd like to downgrade to 3.2 to bypass the need for gecko when loading custom Guitar Hero discs and to install Starfall to recover from any future problems.

I've searched on this forum and read a few tutorials, but am confused about what I should do. My concerns are that I've already installed some of the components mentioned in the threads. For example, when my Wii Shop Channel would not work, I installed the fix. I see this mentioned in the tutorials and wondered if I would have to do this again or if I've already done this would it mess things up because it's out of sequence.

I also tried to follow the October 23 Wii Fix sticky but could not tell if I was supposed to follow the Wii Fix Guide or the Downgrading / Upgrading Guide. I began with the latter but when I tried to load the supplied Firmware Downgrader through the Homebrew Channel the Wii would reset without launching the program. That was enough to scare me away and not wanting to take any chances, I decided to post here before going any further with something I know very little about.

Could someone please confirm the proper steps for me to downgrade my setup without losing any of my current functionality and without installing any permanent changes. I don't desire to do anything other than downgrade my official firmware, as I have no need for backup launchers with my hardmod. Is there a simple program to do so, and am I referencing the correct guide with the October 23 sticky to do what I wish?
Again searching for "Downgrade to 3.2" would bring many results. So remember next time you need to ask a question remember to search first
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte