Hardmod gone wrong

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by vizicore, Feb 20, 2016.

1. vizicore
    OP

vizicore Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    So I just finished my hardmod to downgrade my 3ds xl to 9.2 Everything worked great except when I was finished I wired it all up to a clean female micro usb connector and set it up too be plugged in from the back of the case. In an attempt to force a blue screen (by connecting it to something) and verify it was all connected correctly I foolishly connected the usb to a USB Wall charger... Now all I get is blue screens and I believe I most likely fried the nand with the 5v. Any idea if this could be fixed? Kinda bummed now lol

NOTE: I did happen to make several backups of my nand while downgrading

It also wont show up as a disk anymore either so it doesn't seem like I can rewrite a backup

Error Code is 00F800FE - http://en-americas-support.nintendo...532/~/error-message:-boot-rom-8046---00f800fe

Looks like it actually is fried. Guess I have to toss it :c

Last edited by vizicore, Feb 20, 2016
  2. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    There's been recommendations to keep the vcc pin on a micro usb port unused, saves the chip from frying when connected to computer or charger. If you got insane soldering skills you could attempt to replace that chip.

Last edited by mudassirul, Feb 21, 2016
  3. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Sorry but you fried your NAND chip. Your only option now is to replace the 3DS. This is exactly why people should not be installing micro SD ports on the 3DS. You should install a port like this instead:

IMG_2422.JPG

This way you can only connect it to the SD card adapter, and can't connect it to a USB port or charger.