Hardmod+Brickblocker+Regionfrii

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by gtdj, Jul 12, 2010.

Jul 12, 2010

Hardmod+Brickblocker+Regionfrii by gtdj at 3:51 AM (1,375 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. gtdj
    OP

Newcomer gtdj Newbie

United States
    I have 4.2U installed and also wiikey fusion to play backup. The question is can I use Brickblocker to delete the update and use Regionfrii to modify the rom's region from Jap to US and play on my wii?

2. gtdj
    OP

Newcomer gtdj Newbie

United States
    bump anyone have any clue?

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Not unless you trucha-sign the game's IOS. You need the HBC to do that.

4. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I disagree with the above comment. If you have a wiikey modchip to play backups, and no softmod installed, you can still use bricklblocker and regionfrii,via your PC, to prepare a backup before use, the IOS has nothing to do with removing the update partition from a disc, or changing the backup's region code.

As such, you should have no problems at all.

NOTE: I have a softmod only Wii so can't guarantee what I have written, but I am fairly certain of it. Why not just try it on a backup, at the very worst it'l cost you one blank Disc, but I really do think there shouldn't be a problem. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are asking ?!?

Good Luck

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Nice theory, but it has 2 flaws:
    - A lot of japanese games need to be booted with japanese language. How will you do that without modifiy the .iso further and then requiring a trucha bugged system menu IOS again?
    - System menu 4.2 has advanced region protection, those region patchers won't help, only priiloader + the correct hacks or using a loader helps