Hacking Hardmod+Brickblocker+Regionfrii

gtdj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 4.2U installed and also wiikey fusion to play backup. The question is can I use Brickblocker to delete the update and use Regionfrii to modify the rom's region from Jap to US and play on my wii?

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I disagree with the above comment. If you have a wiikey modchip to play backups, and no softmod installed, you can still use bricklblocker and regionfrii,via your PC, to prepare a backup before use, the IOS has nothing to do with removing the update partition from a disc, or changing the backup's region code.

As such, you should have no problems at all.

NOTE: I have a softmod only Wii so can't guarantee what I have written, but I am fairly certain of it. Why not just try it on a backup, at the very worst it'l cost you one blank Disc, but I really do think there shouldn't be a problem. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are asking ?!?

Good Luck

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
resincake said:
I disagree with the above comment. If you have a wiikey modchip to play backups, and no softmod installed, you can still use bricklblocker and regionfrii,via your PC, to prepare a backup before use, the IOS has nothing to do with removing the update partition from a disc, or changing the backup's region code.

As such, you should have no problems at all.

NOTE: I have a softmod only Wii so can't guarantee what I have written, but I am fairly certain of it. Why not just try it on a backup, at the very worst it'l cost you one blank Disc, but I really do think there shouldn't be a problem. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are asking ?!?

Good Luck

Nice theory, but it has 2 flaws:
- A lot of japanese games need to be booted with japanese language. How will you do that without modifiy the .iso further and then requiring a trucha bugged system menu IOS again?
- System menu 4.2 has advanced region protection, those region patchers won't help, only priiloader + the correct hacks or using a loader helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE