Hardbrick New3dsXL. A way to change the NAND chip?

JaredLyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone

I hardbricked my New 3DSXL. I tried everything, in case it was a softbrick, but nothing worked.
I assume my NAND chip is dead.

I would like to know if there is a way to use an sd card soldered to the motherboard as a NAND, given that the NAND chip is dead, in which I would inject my NAND backup.
I am comfortable with soldering.

I know selling my console for part or buy another motherboard would be easier, but I would like to try to save my motherboard.

Thanks all

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What makes you think the chip is dead?

To my knowledge nothing similar to the Wii U has been done yet. But I've read of replacing a defective chip with a new one.

JaredLyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What makes you think the chip is dead?

To my knowledge nothing similar to the Wii U has been done yet. But I've read of replacing a defective chip with a new one.
I spent a lot of time to see what can solve my bootrom 8046 error, and tried a lot of things, according to what i read, it's a hardbrick, and the error code means my NAND chip (eMMC) has hardbricked or fried
BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE: 00FE00FE
00000000 00000000
00000400 00000000
NTRBOOT doesn't work at all, it changes the error code by
BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE: 02FE00FE
00000000 00000000
00000400 00000000

I found this video :

Which means it's possible to use a sd card as a nand chip

But I don't have any information about how to do it :rolleyes:

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very interesting that somebody did such a modification. A documentation would be more helpful than a blurry video though.

In the end a big internal SD/NAND isn't very useful (by default) on a 3DS since CTRNAND has a fixed size and titles aren't installed there. It could probably be modified.
========

The biggest hurdle I see for you is ntrboot not succeeding. It should start (into GodMode9) regardless of fried NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That Steam button feature is cool, doubles as a clothes iron.