Hardware Hard time deciding

thekman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a VERY hard time deciding if I should trade my 9.2 U 3ds xl in for a new 3ds xl (maybe majora's mask edition), but then I'll lose use for my gateway cart... please help me make the decision...

What is the point of even getting a new 3ds?

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the mojora's mask one is sold out. I checked 1 hour after the announcement and couldn't get one sadly.

reason to upgrade.
it has exclusive games (so far just xenoblade though) also the added functions (amiibo, c stick etc.) work in normal 3ds games. the c-stick and shoulder buttons act as the cpp so resident evil, metal gear, monster hunter and others can use them as if they were a circle pad pro.
I don't know if this is confirmed officially but certain games will use the added power to run smoother. apparently mh4u runs at a constant 60fps on the new3ds but not the original, other games such as pokemon do not sadly.

basically do you want to use gateway or not? currently there is not Huge reason to upgrade on a general level. I'm doing it's a great deal, $100 after trading in a 3ds xl. but my xl is up to date anyway.

thekman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe the mojora's mask one is sold out. I checked 1 hour after the announcement and couldn't get one sadly.

reason to upgrade.
it has exclusive games (so far just xenoblade though) also the added functions (amiibo, c stick etc.) work in normal 3ds games. the c-stick and shoulder buttons act as the cpp so resident evil, metal gear, monster hunter and others can use them as if they were a circle pad pro.
I don't know if this is confirmed officially but certain games will use the added power to run smoother. apparently mh4u runs at a constant 60fps on the new3ds but not the original, other games such as pokemon do not sadly.

basically do you want to use gateway or not? currently there is not Huge reason to upgrade on a general level. I'm doing it's a great deal, $100 after trading in a 3ds xl. but my xl is up to date anyway.

Do you know if the version will be 9.2 or lower? If worse comes to worse I guess I could just sell my gateway to my friend, lol.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Limited Edition is still available in Canada for walk-in preorders at certain locations, I'm only guessing the New 3DS XL will come with firmware lower than 9.2 but no one knows for sure.

As for upgrading to a New 3DS XL that's totally up to you if you think it's worth your money.

Reactions: thekman

thekman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Limited Edition is still available in Canada for walk-in preorders at certain locations, I'm only guessing the New 3DS XL will come with firmware lower than 9.2 but no one knows for sure.

As for upgrading to a New 3DS XL that's totally up to you if you think it's worth your money.

Alright thanks a lot bro, I guess I've made up my mind, probably going to go buy it now :D
and if worse comes to worse, I'll just sell my gateway to my friend

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm having a VERY hard time deciding if I should trade my 9.2 U 3ds xl in for a new 3ds xl (maybe majora's mask edition), but then I'll lose use for my gateway cart... please help me make the decision...

What is the point of even getting a new 3ds?
If you really want a n3DS, I recommend preordering it at a place that doesn't require you to pay up front, waiting until it comes out to confirm if it's on 9.2 or below, and canceling the preorder if not.
I don't see much point in getting a n3DS yet though. Who knows if it will even have a lot of exclusives actually worth playing? The DSi didn't get much.

thekman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you really want a n3DS, I recommend preordering it at a place that doesn't require you to pay up front, waiting until it comes out to confirm if it's on 9.2 or below, and canceling the preorder if not.
I don't see much point in getting a n3DS yet though. Who knows if it will even have a lot of exclusives actually worth playing? The DSi didn't get much.

That's true... I actually might wait a while then. Do you know any site that has pre-ordering that doesn't require you to pay upfront for Canada?
Does anyone know if ebgames allows you to do this?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's true... I actually might wait a while then. Do you know any site that has pre-ordering that doesn't require you to pay upfront for Canada?
I don't know about Canada, but your best bet is probably a physical store as online stores will usually want at least some sort of credit/debit card information so they can reserve the payment on your card.

thekman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just talked with a person at the ebgames on the phone, and he told me that earlier today he was told he could make as many pre-orders as he wanted for the Majora's Mask 3ds xl, but he was phoned later and told that it was limited... so I guess I'll wait a few days before I pre-order

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where do you live in Canada thekman ?

I'm hearing the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and Vancouver still has Limited Editions for walk-in pre-orders at EBGames but I think EBGames has a deposit fee.

thekman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I live in Vaughan
Yea it does, I'm gonna pay $50, and if I don't want it they will give me a full refund.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Sort of hijacking this thread... has anyone heard if they are doing the ambassador thing anywhere but UK?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see much reason to upgrade, unless you really need a few extra features and better performance in certain games. There's Xenoblade Chronicles, but that's just a port of a Wii game, so I wouldn't really consider it an "exclusive". I mean, I'm sure it's nice, but I can't imagine it's $160-over-what-I-currently-have nice.

thekman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see much reason to upgrade, unless you really need a few extra features and better performance in certain games. There's Xenoblade Chronicles, but that's just a port of a Wii game, so I wouldn't really consider it an "exclusive". I mean, I'm sure it's nice, but I can't imagine it's $160-over-what-I-currently-have nice.

I know that, but I dunno I just feel like if I do it now, I will get the most money out of trading in my current 3ds XL. Is that right?

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you're correct to assume that yes, I don't think the EBGames trade in promotion will be going on after the official release of the New 3DS (give up two weeks after).

thekman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you're correct to assume that yes, I don't think the EBGames trade in promotion will be going on after the official release of the New 3DS (give up two weeks after).

So what I'm going to do is, put a deposit down for a new 3ds xl (Majora's Mask PLEASE!), and then if the new 3ds's don't come with less than 9.2 I will get my deposit money refunded fully.
And if they do come with less, I will bring my 3ds xl in and get the new 3ds xl

Reactions: Nemix77

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$50 isn't bad. For possible future exclusives and slightly better performance, I'd probably go for it. I didn't initially see the post about it only costing $50. If there were deals around here like that, I'd probably go for it, as long as they let me do a system transfer.

thekman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
$50 isn't bad. For possible future exclusives and slightly better performance, I'd probably go for it. I didn't initially see the post about it only costing $50. If there were deals around here like that, I'd probably go for it, as long as they let me do a system transfer.

It's only a deposit sadly :P
It guarantees me a system, but I need to pay the $150 still

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only a deposit sadly :P
It guarantees me a system, but I need to pay the $150 still

Sorry, I only skimmed the thread. Yeah, that's a bit too much for me, still. The Majora's Mask version doesn't matter to me since I can just paint my current 3DS's housing. If it's just a repeat of the DSi, then it probably won't have many actual exclusives, not enough that I can't wait until the next generation and enjoy its backwards compatibility with those games. It just depends on what you value.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: downloading a couple of puyo puyo ds games