1. pbcsd

OP pbcsd Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Put home brew on my son's Wii a few years ago and we use it at my inlaws cottage. We just went our first time this weekend since last year, and my son went to try and play some games but received a USB/Hard drive failure error when the USB Loader tried to access the hard drive.

I took the harddrive home and it seems to be fine when I check it with WBFS 4.0.

Could it be the USB loader itself and if so, is there a simple way to fix it? Unfortunately I can't recall the exact message but will be back tomorrow to check.

2. Rainman82

Rainman82 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Maybe try updating to the newest revision of Usb loader. Also this may sound silly but is it connected in the left port at the back of the console?

3. pbcsd

OP pbcsd Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yes, it's connected. My Wii doesn't have an internet connection, do I simply remove the SDCard and copy the newest revision to it from my PC?

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    yes

Rainman82 likes this.
  5. Rainman82

Rainman82 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    yes I hope it works for you

6. pbcsd

OP pbcsd Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Nope, didn't work. So I downloaded the configurable USB loaded from the downloads section.

And replaced the USB loader directory on the SD card with the extracted content. But it says "requires cIOS249 to work and compatible with 222/223".

I then put the older USB FX Loader back and tried deleting the config files as suggested via online research.

The error message seems to imply the cIOS is no longer on the card, which doesn't make any sense as the device isn't connected to the internet and can't update itself. So should be the same as last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - anymore, drive, games