1. DGenerateKane

OP DGenerateKane GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I setup a spare Wii and hard drive I had for a friend today, and was showing her how to use it. She was playing through a SNES game using snes9x-gx 4.3.2 when she tried to make a save state and it complained it couldn't open the directory. After she quit the game it immediately complained again. That's when I saw what was left of the folders, the whole drive had become corrupt. I had that happen once with fceu-gx, and was told here it was a bug in the version I was using and to get a newer version with the fix. In this case however, I am using the latest version, which is nearly a year old. So does anyone know what version I should use to avoid corruption?

2. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Corrupt as in? Can you not view the drive, or is there just missing files and stuff?

3. DGenerateKane

United States
    I could see the contents but they had become corrupted, everything was named with random symbols.

4. bm123456

bm123456 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Usually happens if the USB hdd was moved while the Wii was reading and writing to it , I always keep a backup of my fat on my desktop in case this happens.my kids showed me this a few weeks ago when they was playing a game an unplugging my game cube controllers . They almost knocked my Wii off my tv stand and the fat partition was messed up just like you said. Just reformat and redo her fat partition . And try not to move the USB cable while its being used

5. DGenerateKane

United States
    Neither the Wii or hard drive were ever touched, I even turned the wii on with the controller. :/

6. bm123456

bm123456 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Then u had a hdd going bad , the emulators are well tested with no reports of corruption.

7. DGenerateKane

United States
    Bummer. It's a couple years old but barely been used.

8. TerryG

TerryG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had the same issue with snes9x-gx on a coworkers wii the other day with a brand new drive.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Corrupt, became, Drive