PS1/2 Hard drive arrived, what is best programs to use to load games ?

swaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My hard drive and network card has arrived (copy so no network available). Hard drive installed and formatted but suspect I need to take out to load the games ?
What is the best software to load and play games ? my want s are below:

want to load and play CD and DVD images
want to load large games 4gb+
If possible want to load and play small PS1 games.

Looking for the best / easiest solution ?

Thanks Alan

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

If you have now an working FreeMCBoot with openPS2Loader on it:

WinHIIP for Windows.It prepares your HDD and you can easily copy your backup CDs/DVDs to the HDD.Its the fastest,cheapest and easieist method.:)

But it needs an PC with IDE Port !!! Maybe USB to IDE Adapters works or PCI IDe Controller Cards,personally i prefer the direct IDE Port.

OR

If you can get hand on an Original HD Loader Disc/HD Advance (very very rare.......).I don´t know if a Copy of it works.....There ARE single File Versions in the Internet that you can use with ULaunchELF to start.
That Tool copies your ORIGINAL or ESR patched Discs to HDD with the original PS2 Drive speed (slow...).

OR

over Network......don´t ask ME it´s to slow for me and "complicated" for PS2 (for an XBOX 1 the otherway its the easiest way:bow:)

Your choice.Good luck and success AND FUN.
Thats why we make this,isn´t it.:D

Ah,for the PSX 1 Games: you can use POPStarter,sorry no idea how and where and who it works...never used it.But Google is your friend.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: swaps

swaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The hard drive I have is sata and have a sata adapter for the PS2. Im assuming it will not matter if not IDE ?

Thanks Alan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7