Hacking HAPPY DS LITE DAY EUROPE!!!

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm.....shaunj66: you are like the 3rd person to say something about bad pixels in the black DSL....weird.

so ... let me be the 4th
happy.gif

i bought a black and a white one yesterday and i got one blue and one green stuck pixel on the touchscreen of my black lite, but i already exchanged it after work
wink.gif
the guy in the store was actually quite surprised that i was already exchanging it (it was like 15:00 o'clock), but it was no problem (as with all of my nintendo handhelds i bought from them). i checked the second one before i took it home and it seems fine so far. oh, and i paid 139 for each.
yaynds.gif

a lucky fact is that i can go and register both at nintendo.de because when you do so it asks if the ds you registered is a lite or not - and my original ds was a us import
biggrin.gif

ah I see well I justed tested mine in MPH and it goes diagonally just fine?

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys (and gals), I'm glad that the stores there took back the DSL's & exchanged them for bad pixels. I don't think they are so kind here in the US. Maybe because most game stores here are ran by little snot nose nerds.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, am I the only one who thinks the D-pad of the DS lite sux?
When I press 2 directions at once, my characters just doesnt move, I've tested it in both Mario 64 and in MPH, is someone else having this problem too?

I agree. It does really suck.

I can't play ANY GBA RPG's properly (a-la MMBN6), or Super Mario 64 DS, because the character won't move the way it should.

That's my only problem with the DS Lite, and it's an extremely gameplay-affecting factor, so in my opinion the DS Lite loses lots of points for that.

--Henry
Took me a while to get used to the controls of Mario 64 (I use the default setup with the d-pad) but even before I got used to it I never noticed an issue with diagonal pressing on the d-pad.

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WOOO HOOO Got my Black DS lite and White DS lite today!
No dead pixels but I have to check closer! umm yeah pictures for alll!

Details:

Superpass 2 (yes it works)
Flashme v7 526kb
screwdriver..

23-06-06_2016.jpg

My Superpass 2 with my tool
23-06-06_2014.jpg

The amount ez flash iv lite sticking out + colour difference using the blue shell with black
23-06-06_2013.jpg

Another angle with filler cart in the background
23-06-06_2012.jpg

Screwdriver used, SC sd, ds opened with ez flash iv lite in
23-06-06_1728.jpg

Filler cart
23-06-06_1727.jpg

HELLO!
23-06-06_1726.jpg

I give you a BRAND NEW ANGLE!
23-06-06_1725.jpg

BAck new angle!
23-06-06_1724.jpg

UK box with crap
23-06-06_1721.jpg

Closed box with sonic rush in the background
23-06-06_1720.jpg

Everything boxed up with my sister's lite making an appearance!

If anyone has a question about uk ds flashing with superpass feel free to pm! meanwhile I am off to enjoy my new black ds

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well guys (and gals), I'm glad that the stores there took back the DSL's & exchanged them for bad pixels. I don't think they are so kind here in the US. Maybe because most game stores here are ran by little snot nose nerds.

Things like bad pixels count as a manufacturing defect, they should be replaced A.S.A.P. If I took it back to a game store and they refused to replace it there and then and I had to send it back to Nintendo. I would then tell Nintendo the name of the store that refused to replace it.

Schaden

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tunisia
Well guys (and gals), I'm glad that the stores there took back the DSL's & exchanged them for bad pixels. I don't think they are so kind here in the US. Maybe because most game stores here are ran by little snot nose nerds.

Like someone said, they have to take it back.
You just have to know your rights and not take %)#! from those nerds.
Go to the manager if need be.
I can't believe any store would give you a hard time over it,
as long as you had all the original packaging and a receipt.
wink2.gif

Lucky Europe gets the sexxy black.
I wonder what other colors will be released before this Christmas ?
I'd like to see a silver one.

slandar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have heard nothing but excellent exchange stories.

I know I personally exchanged my white one because of one stuck pixel on the top screen. Gamestop took it back and gave me a brand new one, told me that if it had a dead or stuck pixel to bring it back too and they would get me another one.

I have two friends who have exchanged theirs out at walmart a combined total of 5 times between them.

And all of the posts I read regarding dead or stuck pixels all seem to end happy with abosolutely no problems exchanging them. Either in the store or worst case scenerio with nintendo replacing them after inspection.

The only sob stories I have heard involve people who imported them.

And back on topic..

I still want a black one.

I really wish America got more than just the white one.. or at least an exclusive color of our own that had some trade value... so I could get a black one..
wink.gif

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I thought about it and i'm just gonna hold out for a limited edition colour. Im happy with the DS Phat for now so waiting is no problem.
I just pray to the gods that Ninty release a gold Zelda DS like they did with the SP when Minish Cap came out.

Im talking about the same design and colour as this but on a ds lite. Yeah i know what your thinking....keep dreaming
laugh.gif

gold_zelda_sp.jpg

nexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Picked mine up at lunch time today and im loving it. Really is a different experience from the PSP.

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Been anticipating getting my Lite for the ages! Pre-ordered a while back, was intending to flash with WifiMe, like I did my original DS. Found out the DAY BEFORE launch that it didnt work with WifiMe!!!
cry.gif

Some of the guys quickly came to the rescue and advised to pick up a cheap Max Media Launcher to do the job. Found a site with next day shipping option and ordered it. Arrived before I even picked up my DS Lite!

Anyways....here are some pics for y'all to enjoy. The sexy black one is mine. Had an extra white one that I flashed for my mate.

The Contrast
Photo-0140.jpg

Black on Top
Photo-0133.jpg

White on Top
Photo-0137.jpg

The Kit
Photo-0136.jpg

My Little Gadget Collection
cool.gif

Photo-0146.jpg

I don't know if anyone else has noticed...but I closely compared the black with the white. It seems like the build Quality on the white DS is not as good as the Black DS. The buttons don't sit as snug, the stylus is kinda loose.... the volume slider isn't as tight...

Is it just his DS or have others found that the White DS build quality isn't as tight as it should be?

D

Deleted User

I don't know if anyone else has noticed...but I closely compared the black with the white. It seems like the build Quality on the white DS is not as good as the Black DS. The buttons don't sit as snug, the stylus is kinda loose.... the volume slider isn't as tight...

Is it just his DS or have others found that the White DS build quality isn't as tight as it should be?
my thoughts were exactly the same when i was playing animal crossing on my black ds lite like 20 minutes ago. the first thing i noticed was the volume slider and after taking a closer look at both i think the build quality of the black ds lite really is superior to the white one. strange though.
huh.gif

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Well after months of waiting (Years ?) I finally got a white DSlite...and it's friggin AWESOME!
yaynds.gif

I was happy with my SP and EZFA, but boy is the lite classy.
wub.gif

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My stylus does rattle slightly in the unit. It was firm when I first got it. Am I putting it in wrong? I think im wearing out the plastic.

Either way, build quality feels fine here.

I have compared the inside matt finish to somebody else who has a ice blue ds, and the matt inside the white feels more "fninshed", whereas it is more rough inside the ice blue unit. Can anyone confirm this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.