Hans region change for a game

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mc-kiler, Sep 26, 2016.

1. mc-kiler
    OP

mc-kiler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    Finland
    So i changed the region for a game from jpn to usa to be able to play dlc

however it is rather painful having to go to the hb launcher and then to hans
    especially since i use ctrbootmanager, after going to the home menu the 2ds freezes

i was wondering whether there is a way to save the settings so that i don´t have to go to Hans everytime i wanna open the game

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    There's a superior alternative indeed: you could install a CFW with builtin region spoofing.

It may not be easily possible on whatever version you are on, but ALL system versions are currently hackable in one way or another!

3. mc-kiler
    OP

mc-kiler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    Finland
    isn´t rxtools region spoofing? i´m using that
    i know it is not the best or recent but i have been away from the 3ds scene for a while

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No, it's patching home for regionfree (the result is making foreign games visible on home and clickable)

Region spoofing despite the name is a completely separate feature (not available in rxtools -- this feature debuted in Cosmo3DS which got its 15 days of fame last March, about 1 month after rxtools was abandoned), and its purpose is to make games actually see a different country/language than your console's settings! This is required for, let's say, video cias which would only display an error when launched

I recommend following a guide on switching to the .dat version of Luma, then installing the "LumaLocaleSwitcher" homebrew cia that lets you setup this feature directly on your console!

Last edited by Ryccardo, Sep 26, 2016