Handheld mode grip

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m looking to buy either enhanced joycons, or a grip attachment, to use with the switch in handheld mode. Any recommendations for a more comfortable grip? Ideally the product would be sold via Amazon too.

The two products I’m looking at are the hori split pad pro and satisfye zen grip. Open to other products though. Thanks.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m looking to buy either enhanced joycons, or a grip attachment, to use with the switch in handheld mode. Any recommendations for a more comfortable grip? Ideally the product would be sold via Amazon too.

The two products I’m looking at are the hori split pad pro and satisfye zen grip. Open to other products though. Thanks.

Just bought the Satisfye for my Lite. Satisfye is just a grip w/ no electronics. I’m a pretty big guy and it feels solid in the hands. I don’t feel like I’m going to break it like I do most joycons.

I don’t have the Hori, but 7,000+ satisfied Amazon customers couldn’t be wrong, right? The missing gyro, rumble, nfc and wireless features wouldn’t bother me, when using it for what it’s made for.

NexiGo has an entry that that has everything the Hori has in addition to gyro and rumble. Again, don’t have them but these might be next.

I do have the Binbok individual controllers. I like them because they are beefy and fit really well in the hands. They have everything but nfc. I think you need a license from Ninty to do nfc. NexiGo has what looks to be the exact same products wiith minor visual differences. If my Binboks ever dies I might replace them with NexiGo.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I would definitely recommend the enhanced joycon over the Hori SPP for the ability to use them wirelessly, as well as the rumble and gyro. Many brands exist that are identical or near-identical: Binbok, Nyxi, IINE, NexiGo. I have the original fat Binboks (the slim version looks less comfortable - sticks aligned with d-pad/ABXY rather than diagonally offset - and they don't have back buttons.
If you want them for handheld specifically, the NexiGo GripCon / Dobe equivalent has the benefit of two back buttons per side and the intrinsic ability to map back buttons to buttons from the opposite side (this is possible for the separate controllers by mapping the target button to something you don't care about e.g. screenshot, SL & SR - this is how I have tricked out my Binboks to have three back buttons each - one on each Binbok button and two on SL & SR accessed with Xbox Elite paddles pivoted on wires).
The best solution will depend on how much you value build quality (OG joycon with grip) vs flexibility (Binbok et al.).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I have the Skull & Co GripCase, and the pouch that goes with it too so I can still use a pouch. Pretty happy with it. The pouch has a lot of room for accessories, and a built in stand that can be used while charging.
I also have their JumpGate dock, and it fits nicely in the accessories compartment so I always have a dock with me.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I use Skull and Co grip case too, great thing! And you instantly get 3 type of grips for different type of hands. Material feels nice and after almost 2 years it's still sit tight (I detach joycons for some games with touch screen)

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely recommend the enhanced joycon over the Hori SPP for the ability to use them wirelessly, as well as the rumble and gyro. Many brands exist that are identical or near-identical: Binbok, Nyxi, IINE, NexiGo. I have the original fat Binboks (the slim version looks less comfortable - sticks aligned with d-pad/ABXY rather than diagonally offset - and they don't have back buttons.
If you want them for handheld specifically, the NexiGo GripCon / Dobe equivalent has the benefit of two back buttons per side and the intrinsic ability to map back buttons to buttons from the opposite side (this is possible for the separate controllers by mapping the target button to something you don't care about e.g. screenshot, SL & SR - this is how I have tricked out my Binboks to have three back buttons each - one on each Binbok button and two on SL & SR accessed with Xbox Elite paddles pivoted on wires).
The best solution will depend on how much you value build quality (OG joycon with grip) vs flexibility (Binbok et al.).

Not having rumble is a disappointment but not a deal breaker. Just want something that feels sturdy and more comfortable in my bigger hands.

Out of curiosity do any of the enhanced joycons have issues in terms of how the face buttons feel in terms of being too stiff. Or how the bumper and shoulder buttons feel?

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I also am looking for a pair of good comfort Joycons with a D-pad on the left one that can also work well wireless when attached to a grip making it sort of a pro controller.

The Hori Split Pad Pro doesn't work wireless so it's out of the question for me.

Looking around at unofficial ones there's Binbok, NYXI, IINE, NexiGo all of which seem to be rebrands of the same thing sourced from China.

NYXI and IINE appear to be the only ones ATM that have listed the latest version of these rebrands in the form of the 'NYXI Hyperion' & the 'IINE Elite Plus' that have slightly different shapes and better button placement.

I figure I'd go with this latest generation as they have better reviews.
I'm inclined to buy the NYXI Hyperion as not only is cheaper but they also seem to have the better support plus it already comes with a grip which in the case of IINE you have to buy separately.

Note: IINE also has a new more expensive 'Neptune' version identical to the Elite but with mechanical buttons instead which I'm not sure how well I would fare with so I'm reluctant about these ones.

Question now is where the hell does one buy the NYXI Hyperion?
I can't find them anywhere and on their site it's sold out in all colors..

Last edited by mspy,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also am looking for a pair of good comfort Joycons with a D-pad on the left one that can also work well wireless when attached to a grip making it sort of a pro controller.

The Hori Split Pad Pro doesn't work wireless so it's out of the question for me.

Looking around at unofficial ones there's Binbok, NYXI, IINE, NexiGo all of which seem to be rebrands of the same thing sourced from China.

NYXI and IINE appear to be the only ones ATM that have listed the latest version of these rebrands in the form of the 'NYXI Hyperion' & the 'IINE Elite Plus' that have slightly different shapes and better button placement.

I figure I'd go with this latest generation as they have better reviews.
I'm inclined to buy the NYXI Hyperion as not only is cheaper but they also seem to have the better support plus it already comes with a grip which in the case of IINE you have to buy separately.

Note: IINE also has a new more expensive 'Neptune' version identical to the Elite Plus but with mechanical buttons instead which I'm not sure how well I would fare with so I'm reluctant about these ones.

Question now is where the hell does one buy the NYXI Hyperion?
I can't find them anywhere and on their site it's sold out in all colors..
Nyxi is always sold out. They make cool stuff. Can’t find the nyxi hyperion anywhere. Last month it was the wizard. SMH

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nyxi is always sold out. They make cool stuff. Can’t find the nyxi hyperion anywhere. Last month it was the wizard. SMH
Anyone knows how often they restock?

The IINE Elite-Plus with the ''Clear Black'' color scheme looks so cool https://iine.store/products/iine-ni...lus-joypad-no-drifting?variant=43049453617307 but it's sold out. They only have the transparent one in stock, I'm tempted but it's more expensive than NYXI plus shipping and all that and no grip included :(

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
FWIW, for those who still have a Satisfye ZenGrip Pro (not the Gen. 3, but the older version that has 2 rubber bumpers on each side instead of 3, and is only compatible with non-OLED models) it can be easily converted to fit the OLED with just 1mm thick self-adhesive felt tape:

* take the grip apart (only 10 screws),
* remove all the rubber bumpers,
* reassemble,
* cut 4 12mm felt strips,
* stick them where the bumpers were.

Fits perfectly, it's easy to take it off and won't scratch anything.

Attachments

• PXL_20230520_100538964.jpg
    PXL_20230520_100538964.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20230520_100712411.jpg
    PXL_20230520_100712411.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users