Hamachi like system for Nintendo DS WLAN?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by b2cool, Sep 28, 2011.

Sep 28, 2011
  1. b2cool
    OP

Newcomer b2cool Advanced Member

United States
    Is there a way to emulate a Nintendo ds WLAN over the internet?

I believe they done this with PSP before, but not sure.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I assume you mean the "NIFI" rather than emulating game servers (see pretty much any discussion on this for any system as it applies here)- homebrew aside I am not aware of any game that uses a proper access point but only the local component (which is what the PSP can do and thus have perverted via VPN programs like hamachi).
    Theoretically it is possible with the term you are looking being called tunnelling but nobody has managed it for the DS- a few people tried very early on but it was extremely difficult. If you do fancy doing some reading on the ideas behind it I would start with the layers of an OSI network- http://computer.howstuffworks.com/osi1.htm You are probably going to be working on a method to encapsulate and transmit layer 1 which places you squarely in the radio engineering world (lots of wifi cards have good capture options* but not all and it is still nasty to work with vs something higher level) to say nothing of latency issues- in fact I would seriously consider making a DS a wired network device.

*similar idea to your needing a certain model of wifi card to break wep/do some hacks.

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I do remember reading somewhere about sgstair trying to do some tunnelling. Sadly, it went nowhere, and he just abandoned the project.